Why doesn't anyone talk here?

Asexualitic : Meet Asexuals Forums General discussion Why doesn't anyone talk here?

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 150 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m starting to wonder why I paid for this site now.

Sue
    Spectator

Wait a minute, how much did you pay?.. if I remember correctly, I didn’t pay anything..

Sandra
    Participant

I didn’t pay anything either, but I joined when this site had less than 5,000 members.

Dave
    Spectator

Well i hope everyone had a great Christmas and boxing day? Hope you sll find who or what you are searching for in 2016! Cheers Dave

Chii E.
    Spectator

Yes, I paid as well about $15.00 to edit my profile and to support but I quickly found out that the site is not user friendly. It’s over a year ago. I lost interested very quickly then randomly, I wanted to see how this place was going. I think the problem is with the website itself but anyways, I hope everyone is enjoying the holidays!

Sue
    Spectator

I also think that it is because there are so few people on the site, that no one is close to each other.. I think a lot of people have enough pen pals, phone numbers, etc.. and would finally like a friend with similar likes and interests who is actually close by.. for example, does anyone here live on Long Island, NY?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I agree with Sue very much, although I think the small number of people is an asexual problem rather than a site problem. I wouldn’t be here at all if I thought I would meet asexual people in “real life”. Eight years on since coming out and I’ve literally never met another except at AVEN meetups. Very occasionally a friend will say they’ve met an asexual before but most people I have to explain my sexuality to. There just aren’t that many of us….

Dave
    Spectator

Maybe its me being lazy, but my whole point of joining this site was to meet up with people, with whom i had a like minded outlook on sex with. Tbh, i feel like a fraud leading a girlfriend on, knowing full well that it will all go pearshaped in the bedroom dept. So as soon as i found this site I joined hoping it would narrow down the amount of people i had to let down, and with luck i could meet someone to be with.
    Maybe going to a couple of Aven meets is more likely to be productive, as writing stuff isn’t particularly my strong point, whereas talking my mouth into overdrive is. Agreed, Alice, there just aren’t that many of us, but just by reading comments on this site, i think the quality of people on here is higher than most of society. We are not all preoccupied with sex and seem to be alot more spiritual and honest.

Sue
    Spectator

I have never heard of an “AVEN” meeting..do you find them on the internet?

Dave
    Spectator

Yes Sue, just search aven, then go to the meetup forums.😊

Sue
    Spectator

Thanks Dave ! Unfortunately.. the closest ones are at least 100 miles away.. lol.. oh well, back to the ‘ol drawing “bored”..

Hols
    Spectator

Hi, I’m new, looking for long distance friendship with other asexual people. It will be nice not to have to explain myself too much (i.e. about being ace). 🙂 I don’t know how active I’ll be here, but I thought I’d wave hello. 🙂 It would be great to make some friends.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by Hols.
    Andrew
    Spectator

I think the original suggestion of this thread has been proven wrong by the continued activity in this thread. Heck, I just messaged someone in this thread, and I’m sure others have done the same – plus it’s probably the most active topic in the forum.

I may have been super lucky, but within about 6 hours of signing up, I connected with interesting people, and I have plenty of communication issues – mostly surrounding my over-enthusiasm with the written word that tends to throw people off or overwhelm them.

This site has its technical flaws, and there are definitely many people who are only here in spirit, but it can work if you’re honest, open minded and open hearted!

Also, I wish I were outgoing and secure enough in myself to attend an AVEN meeting – so many people with different ideas and expectations! Kudos to those who attend, I think we all should, even if I’m chicken. Mmmm chicken.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I tried to kill this thread. I failed.

Alex
    Spectator

Good job, Shaun 😉

Dave
    Spectator

Lol! We have created a monster and must keep it going!!!😆😆😆
    To be honest this thead is breaking down the barriers in that people are looking at the title, then commenting on the content. Andrew, a good way to look at any meetups you attend is you have the option to walk away, I’m a very upfront positive person but if i feel I’m in a situation where I’m ot comfortable i just get up and say sorry gotta go and off i trot. Not being rude, but there are millions situations that are not worth being in so i reserve the right of flight!
    As i have said before, i think things are easier when we all have a common ground, which we do, so to be honest I’m looking forward to the next meetup near me. Whats the worst that could happen? Well unless someones an axe wielding nutjob, in which case i will have it on my toes! Lol.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone 🙂 !
    I am almost to a point where I want to try to put something together for my area, San Jose, CA. It would be lovely to actually meet people. Trouble is, I have so much going on with my business – I mean, that’s a tremendously good thing, of course, but I honestly don’t have a lot of time left over these days. But, I will try to keep this thread going too! 😀

Anonymous
    Inactive

Btw Andrew, I agree with Dave. What’s the worst that could happen at a meetup? In fact, I believe that in-person could actually be better than even online, as I rather think one would be more sincere. Everyone who shows up in person is sort of putting themselves on the line, so all are in the same boat. One can’t hide behind anonymity as much and/or send messages such as the one I – just – received on here from someone named “A”, claiming, in very poor grammar (and I don’t mean the ESL kind), to be a doctor, and proposing marriage o_O . Yikees. Anyone else get this spam? Just curious.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello! I’m talking! 🙂

Hope you all had a great Christmas and have a great new year. I’m lucky enough to have my birthday today! Woo!

…So who here lives in the UK?

Happy birthday and happy holidays to the rest of you. I’m so happy that this Frankenstein baby of a thread has gotten so much attention. Lol Happy wensday everyone.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Membership required to post topics or reply in the forums...

Become Member
Meet asexuals

Asexualitic.com is the first community and dating site for Asexual people. When major dating sites don't recognize our asexuality, we think that asexual people should have a place to meet and talk. Create your Asexualitic.com profile to search and meet other aexuals, or build a platonic relationship.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up