Why doesn't anyone talk here?

Asexualitic : Meet Asexuals Forums General discussion Why doesn't anyone talk here?

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 150 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Well, I can see both comments (Sue/Alex) but wasn’t email notified! (But then, I didn’t tick the box to be notified…)

As for how I’m doing, I’m well. About to head off to a carol concert this afternoon. Otherwise it’s been a lazy Sunday so far.

Sue
    Spectator

Thanks for answering guys !… Now I know it’s not the site.. it’s all these lazy asexual people !.. (haha, kidding.. well, kind of..)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Why thank you Dave 🙂 . You sound nice as well. And, hello Alice, Sue, and Alex. I seem to be able to send and receive messages now. Though, my first try went a bit awry.

I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend. I’m off to work here in not-so-sunny California today lol.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Bet it’s sunnier than most of Britain!

Sue
    Spectator

This winter in the United States, the weather will be unusual.. it will warmer in the northeast, and cooler in the south.. I don’t mind that, I live on Long Island 🙂

Dave
    Spectator

Hi Kim, and now Alice and Sue! Blimey, we are all talking yay. Lol. Tbh i think it might just be a case of breaking the ice sometimes, highly unlikely in Devon at present, just to warm for this time of year. Must admit as an addicted diver for 30 years, i get very envious of Califonia and Long Island mentions, the Andrea Doria sunk of Lond island and is on my list of wrecks to dive. And California is…. Well California, just stricks of beaches, sun and watersports, heaven in my world. Just to not let you feel left out though Alice, i was in stafford on saturday, at a hog roast. Bit blowy, but had a great time, always up there at my friends place, i need to buy something there!! Lol
    Anyway, Devon is wet today but i have logs to chop for christmas! Have Fun.😊😊😊 Dave

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well NOW I want to go on holiday somewhere…don’t think I’ll be getting any further than Yorkshire, though, and I don’t expect the weather to be any nicer up there.

Lore
    Spectator

Hi everybody, I am glad to see some activity in one of this groups. I am gonna jump in the conversation and agree with you all, weather is crazy!! Here in Florida it’s been 81F today! So weird to see the Xmass lights with this weather

Alexandra
    Spectator

Hi!! First time on the site and I have to agree very confusing to navigate. I’ve been on eHarmony which is, interesting, considering what type of relationship I’m looking for but I have to say it’s so much easier to use I’m considering giving it another try. I’m in the USA and not having a State filter(at least not one I could find) is horrible! In Texas there are so many small towns relatively close by it would take forever to search by city.

As for the weather it’s actually been cold some days! And so much rain too. We’re not used to that here. I just bought a new coat, something I haven’t done in years.

Anonymous
    Inactive

How well do sites that aren’t designed specifically for asexuals cater for them? Is there at least an option you can search by or do you just have to write it up front in your profile and hope a couple of other people you come across have done the same?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello everyone! Well, it’s been pretty darned cold up here in NorCal yesterday and today. I’m carrying my little rechargeable water bottle around with me. That weather plus Christmas decorations DOES sound funny Lore. And Dave, I live about 40 minutes from the Mavericks, if that means anything to you – every year we get world class surfing competition there. And, I live about 1/2 hour from Santa Cruz, 45 minutes from Monterey. I love the ocean – it’s great to be near so many beaches, marshes.

Alexandra
    Spectator

Well I’ve tried ChristianMingle, OkCupid, and EHarmony. These are my personal experiences so take all of it with a grain of salt. Also my situation is that I live in a large city but is still pretty conservative and am female looking mostly for men. With that:

ChristianMingle: NOPE!! After chatting with a few people on there and reading profiles I decided it wasn’t for me due to the demographics. I’m moderately liberal and at least where I’m at all there was are VERY conservative Southern Baptists and evangelicals. Nothing against but I don’t want to date em. If I remember correctly they have a celibate option so… a possibility?

OkCupid: It does have an option! However, it being both free and pretty easy to access everyone profiles, you get both alot of “You’ll like sex with ME” and just general weirdness. I personally joined more for the quizs.

EHarmony: Ok here’s were I really have mixed feelings. On the plus side, it is a GREAT site. Easy to navigate, real people, and I really like the led introduction. HOWEVER and these are pretty big, you can only chose one gender to date and while it does try to match you based on compatibility I do think it bases these on a very strict norm. This is a huge problem as you can only see people who are matched with you but you don’t know what on unless they choose to take more quizzes. The initial match quiz is hidden. So while it asks things like “how important is frequent sex to you” you don’t know what weight that question was given when marching you with someone.
    In addition to retake that initial test, you have to get it authorized. There is no easy way to just retake. Something I need to do after going on a few dates and now knowing myself better and how the test is used. I hate how it assumes we are static, needs and preferences change!

Long reply but it has been on my mind. I realize I should just get a blog so I can ramble on.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by Alexandra. Reason: Typos!! I know there's more but autocorrect thinks it knows best
    Dave
    Spectator

Thanks for rubbing it in Kim! Lol
    Tbh, we do have probably the best uk diving here in Devon, but we also have the highest rainfall, so it pisses down for 4 months of the year! Hence why I’m stuck in bed with the flu!
    Still, this forum has the most comments on it, which is ironic considering that its titled why doesn’t anyone talk! Lol

Sandra
    Participant

Hi
    I think I must be in the minority, because I find this site very easy and simple to use.

Okay cupid was full of guys wanting a sexual relationship, every couple of minutes they were messaging me collectively. Less that 24 hours later I deleted my profile. No thank you.

Lore
    Spectator

Kim,
    Thank you for your review, it is very helpful for the ones, like me, that are trying this gor the first time.
    I don’t completly dislike this site, I agree with Sandra, some things are very simple. But I thought it would have easier ways to talk to people. Maybe, as one of those chat rooms so popular when I was a teenager, the forum idea is nice, but having a fluent dialogue it is complicated, and breaking the ice seems way more difficult.

What do you guys thing? What were your expectations coming here?

Sandra
    Participant

Hi Lore

It’s just because the individuals themselves don’t like talking so much directly to each other.

This is what I wrote on the 29th of November on this thread in response to Aristide, which seemed to have sparked a whole lot of new people into this conversation –

“Hi Aristide, thank you for your great input. I message a number of people frequently, and keep trying to instigate conversations, and get some messages back a few times and have made a Facebook friend – I know some of you may message people, but if all of the people in this group actually took action and kept approaching and kept talking to people and asking them questions and was interactive, rather than reactive, then maybe this would be titled a different thread. It’s ironic that this thread is a conversation (talk), that has been going on for quite some time, about the fact nobody talks here. It’s strange how a person can be in this group, yet, in private messaging, does not want to talk, but expected me to. Anyway, everybody is different and not everyone will like me pointing this out. In an asexual Facebook group someone recently said they had joined it because they thought there was going to be discussion – so what didn’t they start one? If there is a problem, it’s up to us to try to fix it, by taking action and hope that others will do the same.”

So I hope that gives you some insight Lore, into the problem why people don’t talk her – I have been on this site for a year and a half.

Sandra

• This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by Sandra.
    • This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by Sandra.
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, my name is Caitlin. I just joined today. I am an aromatic asexual and my profile says that I am looking for a man, but honestly all I want is a platonic life partner no matter the sex of the individual. I am in Galveston right now for grad school and graduate this coming spring. My main goal is to work for the National Park Service as a wildlife tech, any wildlife conservation position is good. I love animals especially horses. I own a horse named Montana that is living at home in Pennsylvania right now. He is my baby boy, even though he’ll turn 22 this March. I personally love to talk so feel free to reply to this or send me a message. Have a great holiday everyone.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the info Alexandra! I have relatively little dating site experience so it’s interesting to see what other people have found! I guess for now I’ll persevere here and see if it’s really as quiet as people seem to be saying….

Lenka
    Participant

Haha! Me too. And I don´t think I´ve been here for so long.

Alex
    Spectator

Enjoy the forum conversation. I’m ducking out of the conversation for a few weeks. Wish me luck job hunting 😀

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Membership required to post topics or reply in the forums...

Become Member
Meet asexuals

Asexualitic.com is the first community and dating site for Asexual people. When major dating sites don't recognize our asexuality, we think that asexual people should have a place to meet and talk. Create your Asexualitic.com profile to search and meet other aexuals, or build a platonic relationship.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up