Why doesn't anyone talk here?

Asexualitic : Meet Asexuals Forums General discussion Why doesn't anyone talk here?

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 150 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Agreed.
    To be fair, I don’t bear a grudge against people who don’t get back. Communicating with people you don’t know on the internet can feel a bit weird. 😀

Sandra
    Participant

Hi Andy

Understood and I agree – I don’t expect everyone to get back to me or many, because I am looking for something so specific in terms of a potential relationship, that it is going to be very difficult to find, and not all younger guys, like talking to an older girl. I wouldn’t rush into a relationship with anyone and have messaged people as just friends on here too.

In terms of it feeling weird, I understand – however we are on here to communicate with others we don’t know. I don’t think many people know many people on here, until they reach out to them.

I guess a forum thread can feel safer than talking in a private message – but then we can’t complain no one is talking to us, if we don’t be proactive in talking to others in the same way that we would like to be talked to.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Completely agree, Sandra! 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

^^I live like an hour away from you Sandra, too bad I’m not into older woman right haha.

Dave
    Spectator

Tbh, everytime i try to return a message sent i won’t send, so apologises to charlotte and Kim but i have tried. Admin can you sort this out please? I’m sure it can’t just be me!😎

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey Dave, Good idea to respond to group lol. Thanks! 🙂

Dave
    Spectator

Hi Kim, tryed the message thing and gave up!! Lol Am i right in thinking that if you are a full member ie: paid you can pm message? I have paid but i can’t so tbh its going to be a bit of a waste for me, if it doesn’t work. 😕

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well, I paid, and it appears pm is one of the benefits. But, when I pm’d you, it went to 3 people o_O . And I had no idea who 2 of them were lol. So, I think the system is a bit glitched. Maybe it sometimes works and sometimes doesn’t? lol

Dave
    Spectator

Lol! Well, at least you get 3 for the price of 1 Kim!😂😂 Doesn’t suprise me people not bothering when i don’t work properly! I did manage to pm Sandra recently, but that was via a different site ithink? Right, i’m off to London take care, Dave😊

Sandra
    Participant

Hi Kim, thank you.

Hi Shaun, that’s fine, I completely understand and I am sure you will find a great girl for you – I think there is a lot more ace girls to choose from than guys. I arrange some of the Exeter meets and although they are small in numbers, it’s more females, including some younger than me in birth certificate age. People usually have to Skype me to ‘see’ how young I really am. A lot of younger guys are too old for me in their ways, but the right one will pop up eventually or I will stay happily single forever. I mostly go for younger foreign guys, but I never say never, and have been a bit attracted to some younger British guys, but not as much.

Hi Dave, I sent you a private message and in case you don’t get it – here it is, because It may help others too.

“Hi Dave

You messaged me on Aven. I think the problem you are having is that when you click on Private Message, it automatically adds the person you are talking to, then you have to click in the subject box, add a subject line, then type your message and click the send button. To the side of your name, if you click that blank box, it adds other people automatically.

Sandra”

I hope that helps.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yep, if you’re a guy looking for a female, you have an advantage just about everywhere (don’t let that go to your head, guys 😉 ). Gender ratios show basically more women practically everywhere regardless of ace status or whatever we call ourselves, except for just a few geographical regions – here in the US it’s Alaska, then Wyoming, I believe the ONLY states with slightly more males than females, lol. All other states, it’s female surplus. And the older we get, well, just statistically still, more and more and more women versus men, as females still have the longer lifespans overall.

Sandra
    Participant

Thanks for that incredible info Kim xx

Dave
    Spectator

Hi Sandra, Thanks i really need to try and get to one of the exeter meets at somepoint, as its closest to me. Tbh, i think meeting people in person is just so much easier, as i can talk for england, and for me to type what I’m thinking would take forever! Lol
    Think you are spot on there though Kim, more women on here but i must admit lack of communication seems to be an issue. I know some people are shy, or generally worried to meet on these types of site, but i look at it in a way that, this site has already filtered out, lots of potential partners that would never work. Like skimming the cream off the top of the milk, at least everyone here has no illusions, that they are going to meet up with anyone but a like minded person! Supposed now its a case of see who comes along, honestly ladies, i don’t bite!!!😆😆😎

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey Sandra, not sure how incredible the info is lol, but thank you 😀 . I guess it’s always been that way, at least seems so for Homo sapiens sapiens.
    And Dave, yes, seems there is a mix of variables that are good, not so good about using this site, but I agree with you – no illusions, which is a BIG relief to me. I, myself, would normally not be nearly as communicative on any online site, but I am encouraged by all of us here, how people have opened up – at least in this little forum :), yay us! And, I realize that I’ve got to throw a little caution to the winds and communicate if I’m going to meet or write with people like me here. This and places like acebook are the places to do it. How unfortunate for me that I don’t live in England because I think it would be a blast to get together with you guys. I’d help organize the get together! I do miss it over there – I spent a good deal of my childhood in London and in Bray, Eire. Then, on to BC, and finally back in California where I’ve pretty much been based for a while. I did go back to London though, same time as the London Blackout of ’03 (it’s got its own Wikipedia entry o_O lol). I bring history with me – good story for another day.

Dave
    Spectator

Shame you are not in England Kim, you sound a nice person, and someone i would like to get to know. Funnily enough I’m in south London for the next couple of days with my business.
    Pain in the bum sometimes having to drive up here, but hey it pays the bills, and for my diving so all is good!😎

Sue
    Spectator

Does anyone live on Long Island, NY?

adam
    Spectator

OK so what deal with people requesting the “add friend”when A.we never spoke B .never reply to message, can’t or whatever,C no email kik sykpe….I don’t think we need another random Facebook “poke or add” like seriously people!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Going to be honest, having just come here for the first time, seeing the top topic is “why doesn’t anyone talk here” isn’t filling me with optimism…but hi folks-who-talk! I also talk.

Sue
    Spectator

Hi Alice, I don’t know, I’m beginning to think that we can’t see each other’s responses.. I am on another site, and some guy said that this site is very difficult to maneuver, and that they changed things.. I didn’t pay anything either, and I’m beginning to think this is all bogus.. can ANYONE see this??!!
    Sue

Alex
    Spectator

Hi Sue. Good morning. I can read your comment and I was email notified. Hope that answers your question.

How is everyone doing today?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Membership required to post topics or reply in the forums...

Become Member
Meet asexuals

Asexualitic.com is the first community and dating site for Asexual people. When major dating sites don't recognize our asexuality, we think that asexual people should have a place to meet and talk. Create your Asexualitic.com profile to search and meet other aexuals, or build a platonic relationship.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up