Why doesn't anyone talk here?

Asexualitic : Meet Asexuals Forums General discussion Why doesn't anyone talk here?

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 150 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I think I’ve met Davehat, actually! AVEN meets normally have a fair spread of ages. Definitely worth going to one if you haven’t before.

Dave
    Spectator

Thanks Alice, i apreciate knowing it will be a mix of ages. As i said it does seem the average age on here is below mine, mind you not below my mental age!! Lol From the couple of texts i got from Davehat he comes across as a decent bloke so I’m quite looking forward to it really. Hmm, now what to wear? He’s Dave hat so probably wears hats alot, so maybe i should take a tree or two?😆

If anyone is up for a meet up in the us. I’m up for travel or hosting a guest. lol 😉 Have a great Sunday guys and gals. I hope we can keep this thread going and maybe even help some people make a connection or two.

Dave
    Spectator

Lol Thank Alexander, i does make me giggle everytime i log on to why doesn’t anyone talk on here, and then have to scroll down pages of chat!!😆😆 Lets keep it going and as you say it may help someone meet another person.😊

Sandra
    Participant

Hi Dave, Davehat wasn’t so nice to me since I told him about my food allergies, and when I mentioned the Exeter meet in his thread, he told me to get out of his thread – I didn’t realise it was a competition – I thought we were all there to help each other meet up! Maybe he is different with guys and certainly seems to get on well with most others – He doesn’t even know me and ignores me if I mention his name nicely on a podcast chat for example – I still might come to a Bristol meet one day, as an ace friend of mine is going to move there soon and he does attend Davehat’s meets. If not, I could always arrange a different Bristol meet doing other stuff – Tampopo for example, is an amazing place to go to eat.

Sandra

Dave
    Spectator

Err, ok Sandra. Look simple thing here, i judge who i meet. If the blokes a knob, trust me i will tell him, however if he’s a nice geez i will let him know. Maybe I’m being a knob, but it’s not a competition whos the best asexual organisation person in the southwest of England. No disrespect but your specific requirements preclude alot of people, within what is already a very small niche amount of people. Sorry to be blunt, but from someone who comes from London and has friends from many ethnic sources it is rather limiting. Sorry but i say it as i see it! 😎

Sandra
    Participant

Hi Dave – What!! Where did that come from?

I don’t understand!! What do you think I was saying!! I was saying that it’s not a competition!! That I thought it was fine to say in each others threads about meets elsewhere, because we should all be trying to help each other to meet up????

Anyone is welcome to arrange a meet at any time in the South West, including Exeter – I just happen to be the only one who has taken action in this respect last year and arranged a few small ones, and I changed the venue last time due to feedback and to accommodate more people – a Weatherspoons, which despite me having multiple food allergies and intolerances (if that is what you are referring to with requirements? That I can’t help!) is a generic place that a lot of people go to and there is food and drink for multiple tastes, as you would know from loads of Weatherspoons in London. I met 3 different aces last time. Knowing lots of ethnicities, I would presume you would like Tampopo in Bristol as an alternative venue to eat – foods from 5 different countries!!

Davehat has been arranging meets for ages and is very organised with them and lots of people like him. I am not expecting you to not like him, I was just giving a different viewpoint in this thread and was a bit upset about Dave’s attitude towards someone with food intolerances and allergies, that I can’t help! And with his attitude of ‘get out of his thread’ when we should be helping each other out with spreading the word of meets everywhere – as you said, we are a minority within a minority, so should be working together on this and helping each other. Davehat likes people who have a drink and a laugh – so there is no reason you are not going to enjoy yourself with him.

I know Davehat is nice to a lot of people and I just said that I would still probably come to a meet as my Ace friend goes to them, but I work every weekend, so may have to arrange a small meet of my own in Bristol, somewhere else like Tampopo.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by Sandra.
    Susan
    Spectator

Ummm, Sandra, were you perhaps referring to a Different user, but coincidentally… Named … Dave? I think you all ( the two of you) mis- communicated? Yikes. Hope you make up… Also, I’ve noticed this site, even if you pay, is soooo difficult to connect w/ others. Maybe we’re all super introverted, as well?

Sue
    Spectator

Hi guys, I’m from part of NY state in USA.. a lot of you are in Britain it seems.. we have something called Meetups here http://www.meetup.com Do you have something similar there?

Sandra
    Participant

Hi Susan, thanks.

We were originally talking about a guy called Davehat who is not to my knowledge on here, but Aven, and he organises meets in Bristol. I have organised some small ones in Exeter – but I don’t understand all of what Dave is talking about and why I was given such a response. I have never tried to compete with anyone, and I don’t need to, and in fact those were my own words about the guy we were talking about, that it’s not a competition and we should help each other out. I have no idea exactly what he is talking about in regards to specific requirements, food? I can’t help having allergies and intolerances to some foods and I get low blood sugar – that’s not my fault, everyone has their own needs/requirements in anything, and I try to accommodate others and take on board constructive feedback to do with any meet that I organise. I don’t know what ethnicities have got to do with a meet, I have friends from around the globe, Australia, USA, France, India, Bangladesh, Russia, UK, China, and more, and the meet up is with locals? I visit London myself. I have not yet met either Dave, I was just expressing another viewpoint, so don’t know why I got that response.

Anyway, I am not going to stop being me, or loving myself for who I am, I wish no harm to anyone, and for everyone to be themselves and like and enjoy what they like, no matter what. I guess we can’t always get on with everyone because of different personalities, it’s just nice to get along if possible, especially if we both want to attend the same meets – otherwise, if I am not wanted there, I shall arrange my own meet, not to be in competition, but just because I enjoy meeting other asexuals too, and it would probably be a smaller meet on a weekday anyway, due to my workload . I wish everyone the best in their life always.

Sandra

Sandra
    Participant

Hi Sue, yes, we have meetup.com and yes, I am signed up to it.

There is an LGBT group, and I messaged them because it said it included asexuals – but I am a heteroromantic asexual and the person said there aren’t actually any asexuals in the group. There isn’t a group for asexuals was a follow up message I received and the guy asked me if I wanted to start one in London!

Good idea, but I don’t live in London, I just go there for business over the last 3 years – 4 times year. So I had to decline. I keep logging in occasionally to see if anything has changed – haven’t checked for a while though.

Sandra

Whaoh Sandra. That is a monthful, but I’d expect nothing less from a top notch blogger like you. Let’s just all agree to keep all the hate and bad vibes out of this thread. I just wanna chat and party until the world burns down. lol well the world won’t burn down at least any time soon as far I know, but you all know hat I mean. All this jave talk is making my head spin. @-@ Lol 😲😋

Happy Thursday everyone. Please be nice and let’s all have a good time. I’m having a BBQ. YAY 🙌 How about you guys and gals?

Sandra
    Participant

Hi Alexander Avery Jenkins, thanks for the compliment, I totally agree with you. I love living life to the max, having quirky teenage lifestyle fun.

I am going on a self-date to Bristol Zoo to celebrate International Celebrate Being Single Day on 14th Feb – same day as Valentine’s Day. How are you celebrating it?

Is you BBQ with family or friends; or both?

Sorry for the delay in response. I’ve been busy living life as Å«sh.(usual) I just start cooking food. People show up. Mostly with beer or what ever. Just me and my fellow Hispanic brothers. Mostly just friends. Had my first white friend hang out tonight with us. It was pretty cool. Mostly I just try to go with the flow and what ever happens happens. Your more than welcome to show up if your ever in the us. The same goes for everyone. BBQs are a daily thing as per my cultural background.

Nothing wrong with celebrating your indepence Sandra. You go girl. Do your thing. XD lol 😜

Sandra
    Participant

Hi Alexander

Wow! What lovely messages from you, they had me smiling all day long when I read them on my phone earlier today. Thank you for your support, your respect and appreciation of me, and your positivity and encouragement, it’s lovely. xxxxHugs.

I will go, and keep going!! I founded International Celebrate Being Single Day across social media last year on the 14th of February – so that no single person need ever feel alone again on Valentine’s day, but instead, can celebrate it. This will be my fifth year of celebrating.

Thanks for the invite, I have a few really nice British guy friends, all younger than me, and lots more foreign friends. In general I tend to get on best with foreign guys and experience most aesthetic attraction for them, feel really comfortable around them. I am not that attracted to British guys – with the exception of the odd one or two in their early twenties – but not sure if it would be enough to want to kiss them – maybe one of them I might.

I don’t fly on a plane, so unless that changes, unfortunately, I won’t ever come to the USA, but it’s so nice of you to say that. I hate cooking. I don’t like doing housework either, I am a very unconventional girl, who loves her career, guinea pigs and own work – and lots of quirky lifestyle teenage fun – because life is too short not to live it to the max.

Any time Sandra. Personally I cook,clean, and bring home the bacon for my ladies. When I have one of course. I like to treat my woman like a queen and for her to treat mW like her king.nyou know?

Sandra
    Participant

Hi Alexander, wow!

That’s really nice. It takes me all of my energy to do all the work I do and look after myself – especially with Fibro, and to still lead a energetic life and help others. I have had about 20 hours sleep in the last 4 days!

When you say treat you like a king, if you do the cooking and cleaning, and bring home the bacon, how would she treat you like a king?

Respect and some other little things. Like maybe bring me a drink or something with out me asking and stuff like that I guess. Little gestures go a long way in my book.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Membership required to post topics or reply in the forums...

Become Member
Meet asexuals

Asexualitic.com is the first community and dating site for Asexual people. When major dating sites don't recognize our asexuality, we think that asexual people should have a place to meet and talk. Create your Asexualitic.com profile to search and meet other aexuals, or build a platonic relationship.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up