Why doesn't anyone talk here?

Asexualitic : Meet Asexuals Forums General discussion Why doesn't anyone talk here?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 150 total)
  • Author
    Bala
    Spectator

Well, it doesn’t seem to be a very active forum or topic, but it was interesting to read as it put in perspectives our basic communicative problems. Let’s talk about cake then !

Lmao!!! Guys, it is a relief to find some people with a sense of humor for a cake. All this talk about cake and cacoons is giving me ideas for a comedy sketch. XD

Mathenge
    Spectator

Thanks Shaun but i view those as just words, there’s plenty of (fun) work to be done. Looking at your profile i can see youre a warrior. A sabbatical is probably 1 of the greatest experiences 1 can have :D.

Mathenge
    Spectator

Hi Lauren, what you’re saying is as close to the truth as i’ve seen. The problem with the aromantic group is it looks very extreme from the outside. I don’t necessary identify with any groups BUT the aromantic group might be the most suitable one.
    And on that note, I created an Aromantic group earlier today, i hope some people come out of the closet and join Lol. Join me 🙂

Hizu
    Spectator

It’s because it’s lacking of the typical desperation and determination that sexual people put into finding a partner. Most of us live pretty well on our own, it seems. I was too hoping that the site was more active.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Perhaps talk about other stuff in order to break the ice a bit.

Sue
    Spectator

Has anyone here personally messaged someone and got a response?.. I messaged two people.. and got nothing

Bala
    Spectator

Maybe they aren’t on the site anymore, or can’t answer you without the full membership. Maybe give them another way to contact you ?

darlabean
    Spectator

Yes – it’s just a really small pool of people…and even when you do get a reply – it’s hard to find someone in your city…I figure even if someome you message hasn’t been on the site for a while – wouldn’t they get an email alert? I kind of wonder why people put up a profile when they don’t plan to engage with anyome. I think the post above is true that there often isn’nt the same motivation with aces, as they are often quite self contained.

AcedandConfused
    Participant

I don’t understand this full membership thing… I definitely did not pay, haven’t been asked, and everything works fine…?

Anonymous
    Inactive

If we want more conversation, we have to make more conversation.

Anonymous
    Inactive

This site use to be free. If you signed up before they started charging then you have full access for free.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I too have just paid for membership and found it quiet here. And, it’s hard to find anyone near me, though I’ve just begun putting feelers out. I would so love to meet up with others and talk about anything ace. I’m a newbie to asexuality (I think I’m demiromantic), but so glad I’ve found this and Acebook. It’s wonderful to feel validated in a way, that until two weeks ago, I never knew was even a thing or possible. Btw, not sure I fully understand the meaning of “cake”. I understand it to be a symbol of aces?

AcedandConfused
    Participant

Oh, I see! Thanks! I did sign up a long time ago, and promptly forgot all about it. Seems pretty cheeky to be charging for such a quiet site, though.

Edit: And roughly designed… seems I can’t even reply to the individual comment?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just replied to your comment. Have to hit the reply button at top-right of original post.

Sandra
    Participant

It’s still free for me too. I joined when there were less than 5000 subscribers.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Before blaming the people, criticize the infrastructure, which is a horrid mess. The usability of the website is atrocious, haven’t you noticed? If I want to go to my notifications it takes me to my profile, whereby I must SCROLL down to view notifications, friend requests, and even messages!

I paid into the service hoping to make good on my investment and I intend to despite the usability issues.

One stroke of advice to anyone pursuing an online, internet dating website for Asexuals is to pick up a hobby that can be pursued online with as many people as possible – like gaming – it will help you to connect with others emotionally so you feel more comfortable around them. Anyone who has had a long distance relationship or even online relationship can attest to how important having fun, shared interests and activities can be to growing that relationship.

Sandra
    Participant

Hi Aristide, thank you for your great input. I message a number of people frequently, and keep trying to instigate conversations, and get some messages back a few times and have made a Facebook friend – I know some of you may message people, but if all of the people in this group actually took action and kept approaching and kept talking to people and asking them questions and was interactive, rather than reactive, then maybe this would be titled a different thread. It’s ironic that this thread is a conversation (talk), that has been going on for quite some time, about the fact nobody talks here. It’s strange how a person can be in this group, yet, in private messaging, does not want to talk, but expected me to. Anyway, everybody is different and not everyone will like me pointing this out. In an asexual Facebook group someone recently said they had joined it because they thought there was going to be discussion – so what didn’t they start one? If there is a problem, it’s up to us to try to fix it, by taking action and hope that others will do the same.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yep. This site will only ever be what we make of it.
    If we want conversation we have to use our initiative and start conversation.

Sandra
    Participant

Hi Andy

Thank you.

I know it’s tough when we get no responses, but we have to keep trying and never give up – and just think to ourselves that the no responses we don’t need in our life anyway.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Membership required to post topics or reply in the forums...

Become Member
Meet asexuals

Asexualitic.com is the first community and dating site for Asexual people. When major dating sites don't recognize our asexuality, we think that asexual people should have a place to meet and talk. Create your Asexualitic.com profile to search and meet other aexuals, or build a platonic relationship.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up