Say hello here !

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 93 total)
  • Author
    Raell5
    Spectator

True! It tickled me when I first visited this forum that there would be replies months apart..sometimes years!
    Hence my oft-proclaimed belief that it takes a highly motivated masculine type (male or female) to pursue someone for romantic purposes. At least in my case, for sure.

I have many casual friends but so far it has always taken an aggressive male to overcome initial resistance and stay with me long enough for the “demisexual” part of me to activate. Yet it must happen sometime, for some.

I probably won’t find someone my age on this forum, but hang around out of curiosity. When I visit a normal dating forum I immediately start getting hits, but I mostly suspect them of being scammers, after an American green card.

Kim
    Spectator

I noticed as well. Not many people respond on this forum frequently.
    I log on at least once a day or every other day just to check for replies.

True it does take an aggressive personality usually to make moves. Passive personalities usually don’t take chase. Of course this is my own opinion. I also believe there are people who don’t fit the mold, and there could be a passive who will make the first move. But the usual is not.

When I go to normal dating sites it’s always the same, the guys just want to hook up for the booty.
    Quite annoying.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Woah, you’re already at 2 posts now. A couple more and you’ll be grouped with us over-enthusiastic people. 😉

Kim
    Spectator

Yay! Over- enthusiastic people!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Kim, you just had to didn’t you. 😛

Haha, seriously though, I could count the number of enthusiastic people here on my 10 fingers. And I wouldn’t even need to use all 10.

..I should somewhat take that back though, I’m sure those pm inboxes are getting some good use. 🙂

Kim
    Spectator

I couldn’t help myself. Your post was just BEGGING for a response. Lol

I know what you mean. The site says there are 11,426 members, but you only see maybe 6- 10 members online at one time.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Finally, someone who finds my posts irresistible haha. xD

That much is ok I guess, even I don’t get on everyday unless I have replies to get to, or just want some like-minded company (which is often); but it’d really more enjoyable if more people actually contibuted to group discussion. Then again, I always have to check myself with the reminder that this is foremost a dating site.. That’s always an afterthought for me. Too bad AVEN isn’t as visually appealing as this site!

Kim
    Spectator

Us spontaneous, spastic, over enthusiastic types are drawn to each other after all.

Is AVEN used for dating or is it just for learning and discussion?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well, AVEN is used to get to know other asexuals, through discussion and things like that – so it’s appropriate for dating. I know a couple who met their partners there. I’ve heard Acebook.net is also good for that sort of thing. The only problem for me is that they are both unaesthetic, thus I don’t participate there… but if this continues to be a dustland, I might just put up with it.

To this site’s credit though, I should mention I’ve met some people here I really like – in a short amount of time even. Alot of them prefer private message though.

EDIT: I just went to AVEN for the first time in a while.. Heck, it’s not half bad. I don’t know if this is just my urge to analyze/discuss acting up, or if my visual preferences have changed. xD

Raell5
    Spectator

True, that.
    I try to weed them out by mentioning up front that I “don’t believe in casual sex” and that I want to meet someone my age with “similar interests.”

Then when I get a flowery reply from some 30 year old young hunk from “Denver,” all about how he fell in love with me from my photo and wants to be with me forever, I know it’s a scammer. Sometimes, out of perverse curiosity I’ll ask a casual question about his favorite ski spots near his home and and that’s where the “Google translation” replies fall apart and his English loses articles and punctuation (indicating a probable Asian scammer).

I get several hits a month on my Facebook page from men I never friended “falling in love” with me and wanting to come see me, so I block and report them.

Thuc Nguyen
    Spectator

Hello everybody! My name is Thuc, and, having been convinced by my friends to look for a platonic relationship with someone, I decided to join this site. It looks to be promising, as you all seem really nice and open. It’s a bit difficult in terms of finding other asexuals in my area, haha.

I’ll be 20 by next year, which freaks me out a little bit as my existence would have spanned two decades already. I’m currently in the Bay Area, and it’s actually really nice. I love the weather and everything!

I’m just looking for someone to hang out with (I couldn’t choose both men and women and my friend suggested I choose men), possibly eat lunch or watch a movie together. I’ve been told that I am a bit lonely, so I’m trying to reach out to fellow aces to help me with the loneliness. Please feel free to send me a friend request or message me! I’d love to chat with everyone.

Raell5
    Spectator

Two whole decades??
    Just joking.
    I’m currently 62.
    Hmm..at nineteen I was marrying my college boyfriend, mostly because he had been a good friend since I was eight and I didn’t want to hurt his feelings.

Kim
    Spectator

At 19 you still have your whole life ahead of you. I mean you just finished high school a few years ago.
    I’m 25 myself. I still have a ways to go as well.
    I’m glad you found this site though. I hope you make many friends and good memories here.
    Are you looking for people to hang out with in person or online friends?

• This reply was modified 8 years, 11 months ago by Kim.
    Thuc Nguyen
    Spectator

I’m just not good with age, I’m afraid T_T I’d like to look for online friends!

Anonymous
    Inactive

hello

Allison
    Spectator

Hey friends, it’s nice to meet you all.

Kim
    Spectator

Nice to meet everyone as well. How is everyone?

Anonymous
    Inactive

HELLO haha set an alarm on your cell phone or some sort of device or a post it on the fridge or dresser to check your asexualitic.com profile that’s why this site is not active we all forget after awhile we can really make it an active site if we remember set an alarm or post it notes …. anyways I am asexual names Nena from Southern California here new looking for local friends see where it goes I am pansexual google it im even down jst for friends …. hope to hear from some new friends

Raell5
    Spectator

Hi! I gave up on this forum long ago. I sometimes wonder if anyone EVER finds a companion on an asexual site. I did give it a go..sent messages to everyone I could think of, talked up a storm, but only maybe one or two replies, except from someone who came to the same conclusion as I did..that this is mostly a dead end. It takes sexual drive to pursue someone, and if you don’t have it, why bother?

Anyway, I’m just enjoying my life and mostly don’t even remember that I HAVE a gender. I keep thinking I should make an effort, get on a regular dating website, even Tinder, and just keep trying until I find someone who likes the same stuff I do. Then I think, why bother?

All my other relationships were initiated by an aggressive male who pursued me and hung around until I passed my year-long requirement, when I started to feel attracted to them.

But at 62, I doubt even normally sexual men my age have the energy anymore!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello from Maryland!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Membership required to post topics or reply in the forums...

Become Member
Meet asexuals

Asexualitic.com is the first community and dating site for Asexual people. When major dating sites don't recognize our asexuality, we think that asexual people should have a place to meet and talk. Create your Asexualitic.com profile to search and meet other aexuals, or build a platonic relationship.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up