Anyone 45 or older around here???

Asexualitic : Meet Asexuals Forums General discussion Anyone 45 or older around here???

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 154 total)
  • Author
    Laurie
    Spectator

Hi My name is Laurie and I am 72 years old, I never had a great sex drive and it left me in my 40’s, I still found a woman’s body interested me and I was always a cuddly person but the sex act itself never interested me after 42. I did have a long term relationship with a strong woman of my physical size and I found my addrenalin could be aroused by us wrestling and boxing with her stripped to the waist, she became a very good boxer and I paid dearly for my fun even being knocked out by her several times. Laurie. She was too agile and tough for me but the fights were exciting.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m 48 and live in Scotland. Like so many others, I thought I was broken so really kept people at arms length. It’s nice to know I’m not alone.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m 44 and am only recently realizing that I’m asexual. I can’t believe it’s taken me so long to understand this about myself! I’ve always loved being in relationships but was never really interested in sex and, like many people in this forum have mentioned, I just thought there was something wrong with me. Something that would eventually torpedo all my relationships until I could figure out how to fix it. I’m just so grateful to have stumbled onto this site and for other internet resources, and to know there’s a whole community of people out there like me.

T-out
    Spectator

Does 43 count? Lol
    Ditto to Ann’s comments…
    Literally just stumbled onto this site after 43 years of “what’s wrong with me” thoughts, multiple dr appts, prescriptions, failed marriages, failed dating attempts.
    I was actually watching this YouTube called “tell my story” and one of the contestants said I’m demi-sexual and my ears perked up because I had no idea what that was. I’m probably more grey than Demi, but I don’t care what you call it.
    Thank goodness I’m not alone and I’m not a crazy person!
    Some of the research I’ve read said were about 1% of the pop. I believe it’s much more and that with technology and social media the true numbers will begin to reveal themselves. Many of my friends rarely have sex and just think it’s something medically wrong with them (hormones are always blamed). I actually don’t know a lot of people who have an active sex life. Seems like a media propaganda at this point.. like fake Facebook family pictures (showing an awesome life when really their totally in over their head with debt or something etc)
    Every one is having all this sex… or are they?

• This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by T-out.
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by T-out.
    Lauren
    Spectator

Ummm… 40, female and hetero-romantic … let me know if you think you might be compatible (general open-to-anyone question) … I’m in Canada.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello all, I’m new to the site (still working through some challenges getting my profile info in grrrr). I’m a hetroromantic gray. I’m 47. I’m just starting to really understand the intricacies of this sexual demographic… I was always told there was something wrong with me (by partners) because I just didn’t have the same desires. It’s a nice feeling to have finally found a group of people who understand me.

Dale L. Masters
    Spectator

I’m 59.

I’d be nice to meet aces my age. I’m a bit lonely.

Elesea
    Spectator

Well I’m 44 … in Scotland and feeling like I’ve discovered what I always thought was wrong with me. Would love to chat and meet anyone else near, or anyone!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m 45, and since my divorce in 2015 (I stoppet having sexual relations for almost 5 years prior to it) I have really missed having a life partner, but at the same time I didn’t want to have sexual relations just to be in a relationship.
    Now I finally understand myself, and I hope to get in contact with ace guys, so don’t hesitate to send me a message.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m 48 years young and live in Scotland. Proud to be part of the ACE community. Finally feel unbroken.

Amy
    Participant

Yep I am 50 🙂 but dont tell anyone…hahaha

Sherry
    Spectator

I am.

Matt
    Participant

Probably only children and insurance companies are enthusiastic about rounding ages up. I of course don’t share that specific enthusiasm, but (if I did) I suppose I now round up to 45.

Clairc
    Spectator

Yes, I’m well over 45, and that leaves me at a disadvantage. Nonetheless, I’ve still got plenty of life left in me. The difficult part of being my age is that most people think anyone my age is too old for anything. I’m still looking for a few good friends for travel and living a healthy, active life. I can keep up with, if not surpass, most people half my age.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by Clairc.
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve just turned 48. I’ve been celibate since my early twenties, just thinking that I had a non existing sex drive. It’s only in the last three years or so I discovered that there was a classification called Asexuality, and that the definition fit me. I just used to think I was broken. I find men aesthetically attractive, rather like admiring some lovely art, but that’s as far as it goes. I enjoy my solitary life as I’m an introvert by nature, so I’m perfectly happy by myself. But I occasionally think it would be nice to have some companionship, someone to do things with. I’ve never been a tactile person either, but the odd hug or cuddle now and then is nice. And at the very least, it would be good to make some friends who can relate to my life. I lived in South Africa and have moved base to Cardiff in Wales, although at the moment I’m based in Lithuania for the next 6 months because of my job. So I’m a bit all over the place location-wise at the moment.

Dina
    Spectator

I am 64. A youthful 64.

Fenicia Rosario
    Spectator

Yes, although I’ve only been on this site for less than a month I would love to meet more adults over 40 yrs old.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes there is. I’m going to be 60 in September. Anyone near the Bruce Peninsula, Southampton, Ontario, Canada?

Anonymous
    Inactive

57 on the 21st

Rima
    Participant

I am 56

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Membership required to post topics or reply in the forums...

Become Member
Meet asexuals

Asexualitic.com is the first community and dating site for Asexual people. When major dating sites don't recognize our asexuality, we think that asexual people should have a place to meet and talk. Create your Asexualitic.com profile to search and meet other aexuals, or build a platonic relationship.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up