Anyone 45 or older around here???

Asexualitic : Meet Asexuals Forums General discussion Anyone 45 or older around here???

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 154 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes.

Lori C
    Spectator

I’m not ACTIVE yet, because I’m a newbie, but almost 51. Most of the time I feel like an eight year old!

Sharon
    Participant

Nearly 50 over here.

Dated on and off for years. Finally stopped, because EVENTUALLY, every relationship was going to ultimately lead to the bedroom, and I always broke it off before it got there.

About a year ago, tried disclosing the asexuality to someone before we even met. He said it wasn’t a deal-breaker, so I met him for coffee.

To say it went poorly was an understatement. He thought he was clever by having “researched” me online to learn my place of business. He thought it would be amusing because he made up his very own joke beginning with, “How does an asexual rape someone?” I don’t know the punchline. I walked out before he got there.

Decided that “alone” isn’t “lonely” unless that’s what you make it. 🙂

Lori C
    Spectator

Sharon ~

That guy doesn’t sound like he was trying to be amusing, he sounds like a pervert and possibly a stalker. Hope you are safe.

Jeff
    Spectator

I’ll be 55 soon.

Sharon
    Participant

Thanks, Lori. Yeah, I unloaded him pretty quick.

Marie
    Participant

I’m 58 but have been away from this site for awhile. Nice to be back!

Tracy
    Participant

I am 53 male and not on enough

chris
    Spectator

I am 58 and live in UK. I am not often on here due to a lack of English people. I am not able to travel to USA !

Mesange
    Spectator

I’m 55 and live in Switzerland.

Samantha
    Spectator

I was beginningredients to think the same thing…Hello…my name is Samantha…

Linda
    Participant

45 in October, live in Sweden. Have been a member for a few years but was never very active before, mainly because nothing happened here back then.

I’ve been a member of several ace Facebook groups for a few years, but aside from the age issue, which is even greater there, I think, there is way too much bickering, and I will happily take a more active part here instead 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, I’m not 45 or older, but most of my friendships and relationships are with people older than I, so I’m hoping you won’t mind if I join the discussion.

I do have a theory about why there are so many younger people on here. It’s much more accepted with the younger generation that they don’t have to fit into a box regarding their sexuality or gender, whereas with the older generations, there’s much more stigma and being unable to accept it.

For example – if I were older, it would probably be more difficult, and if I were younger it would probably be easier. Seems like it’s just not such a big deal with younger people.

I’m sure you’ve all heard the studies that show that millenials in general aren’t that interested in sex at all. Teen pregnancy has gone way down here in the US for that very reason.

I very much appreciate this and the openness of the younger generations!

Jeff
    Spectator

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by Jeff. Reason: spelling
    Jeff
    Spectator

Recently turned 55.
    Do I get a senior discount now?

Dan
    Participant

Excellent points, Ana. Welcome to this discussion. You’re right, there is much more stigma with older generations than there is among Millennials, and I too appreciate the latter’s openness. I’m 61. I am so deep in the ace closet that even when recently, in two separate discussions with close friends, one with a Boomer (63) and one a Millennial (34), both women expressed openness and tolerance of asexuality, I still couldn’t reveal myself as an ace to them. We weren’t even discussing sexuality or asexuality as topics; they both just blurted it out. Both are very progressive, which helps. Maybe in time I will overcome my fears and inhibitions and test the waters with them, but right now I’m still hesitant.

Meghan
    Spectator

Hello! I’m 53 and just figured out I’m ACE about a year ago!

Meghan
    Spectator

I’m 53. I just found out last year that something called asexuality existed! I just thought I had a non-existent sex drive and that maybe my hormones were messed up. I’m a heteroromantic ace though so I am hoping that someday I will meet another ace that enjoys cuddling.

Kathy
    Spectator

I’m 48 and just joined. Still trying to figure out the site and see if there’s any way to search for people in your area. I’m in VT and just learned ACE was even a thing. I always assumed I was broken!

• This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by Kathy.
    Roni
    Spectator

I am 52 and just figuring it out. Kathy like you I thought I was broken.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Membership required to post topics or reply in the forums...

Become Member
Meet asexuals

Asexualitic.com is the first community and dating site for Asexual people. When major dating sites don't recognize our asexuality, we think that asexual people should have a place to meet and talk. Create your Asexualitic.com profile to search and meet other aexuals, or build a platonic relationship.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up