Favourite Authours.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Louise
    Participant

Who are some of your favourite authours?

Some of mine are

David Baldacchi
    Matthew Reilly
    Kerry Greenwood
    Dan Brown
    Jodi Picoult
    Sophie Kinsella
    Albert Camus
    George Orwell
    Irvin Yalom

Anonymous
    Inactive

Some of my favorite authors are:

Edgar Allan Poe
    Stephen King
    George R. R. Martin
    Neil Gaiman
    H. P. Lovecraft
    Jim Thompsom
    Joseph Campbell
    Lourenço Mutarelli
    Machado de Assis
    George Orwell
    Ray Bradbury
    Marçal Aquino
    Tess Gerritsen

Emily
    Participant

Kurt Vonnegut is hands down my favorite writer.

Stacey
    Participant

Hi! Hope everybody is having a nice day and reading something awesome and inspiring 🙂

My fave authors are: in no particular order!
    David Eddings
    Jacqueline Carey
    Terry Pratchett
    C S Lewis
    Anne McCaffrey
    Mercedes Lackey
    Karen Marie Moning
    Patricia Briggs
    Nalini Singh
    Neil Gaiman
    Raymond E Feist
    Diana Gabaldon
    Phillipa Gregory
    Ken Follett
    Alice Borchardt
    Juliet Marillier
    Patricia C Wrede
    Marion Keyes
    Naomi Novik
    Robin Hobb
    Melanie Rawn
    Tessa Adams
    Terry Brooks
    Marjorie B Kellogg
    Jean M Auel
    Jane Austen

Hi everybody, I´m new…

Well my favorite authors are:

-Jane Austen
    -Mathew Riley
    -Jhon Kazenbach
    -J. R. R. Tolkien

Anonymous
    Inactive

My all time favourite over everyone ever is Sylvia Plath, whether its her emi autobiography or her poems. She conveys raw human emotion so perfecty.

Janet
    Participant

It’s so encouraging to see other people with big lists!

Mercedes Lackey
    Terry Pratchett
    Nick O’Donohoe
    Kat Zhang
    Douglas Adams
    Rick Riordan
    John Green
    Charlottle Perkins Gilman
    David Brinn
    George Orwell

Anonymous
    Inactive

My top two are Johnathan Swift (Gulliver’s Travels, A Modest Proposal) and Piers Anthony (He does sci-fantasy, my favorite series by him is the Xanth series)

Alicia Smith
    Participant

I’m a J.R.R. Tolkien fanatic

Anonymous
    Inactive

My favorite authors are:
    Matthew gregory lewis
    Victor Hugo
    Shakespeare
    Italo Calvino
    Tolstoj

Haley Froehlich
    Participant

Neil Gaiman is the first that comes to mind, but I also really adore Douglas Adams, Terry Pratchett, and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Victor Hugo has a lot of really lovely, classics which I intend to someday read through properly. And if I were simply to look at authors I admire, Oscar Wilde is right up there, because the man had some serious cojones and ever more seriously funny brains. Edgar Allan Poe is good when I want something brooding and dramatic (maybe even melodramatic), though I’ve never quite been able to get terrified by his works like most people suggest I should have been. Alan Moore is a king in comics, and Joss Whedon writes hilarious dialogue and very unique supernatural and sci-fi plots.

Of course, heading into script-writing is probably a tad bit stretching it, but why not. I could probably list about a dozen others, for various reasons. But, as I said, Neil Gaiman is probably my current favourite. I’m reading my way through his works of non-children’s books. (Though the title “The Day I Swapped My Dad For Two Goldfish” made me laugh out loud when I first read it in his bibliography, I think there’s a decent chance it is maybe, perhaps, one I can skip.)

Virginia
    Participant

Alex Garland, Philippa Gregory, Anne Rice, Oscar Wilde, Arthur C. Clarke, H.W. Longfellow, love Charles Dickens, the Brontë sisters, Suzanne Collins, Tyler Perry, Jane Austen, Dr. Seuss, Ray Bradbury, Pat Frank, Edgar Allen Poe, Frank Miller, Leo Tolstoy, Henrik Ibsen, the Grimm brothers, Hans Christian Anderson, William Shakespeare, just to name a few.

Tal Spek
    Participant

Adams is one of the best to have ever written. Clarke is just as amazing. Asimov was a genius, of course. But let me add two somewhat newer names:

I am fascinated with Brandon Sanderson, who has this super-complex multi-series where you do not need to read more than one book to enjoy it, but the more series you read, the more can you speculate and think, as he makes very subtle and complex parallels and connections. Another great thing is his writing speed – he publishes at least one “big and important” novel and two or three “smaller, less central” novels every year, which means that even if you run out of material, you will have some more in a few months tops. His audiobook readers are very good, as well. I can tell you more if you are interested.

John Scalzi – I have only read one of his series. Old man’s war is quite good, and some may find it’s sequels enjoyable as well. I read these just as audiobooks, so I can recommend them. The first is almost definitely the best in most respects.

Catherine
    Participant

Khalil Gibran. I am reading Prophet whole my life.

Isabel
    Participant

Shirley Jackson tops my list at the moment. Also Italo Calvino, Douglas Adams, Tanya Huff, Octavia Butler. Gaiman for short fiction, Libba Bray for YA. WB Yeats and Mark Twain for classics. John Bellairs for nostalgic comfort reading.

Daniel
    Participant

Okay so off the top of my head:

Raymond E. Feist – SPOILER Maybe a little sad, but I cried when Jimmy died 🙁
    R.A.Salvatore
    J.R.R.Tolkien
    Chris Bunch
    J.K.Rowling
    Janny Wurts
    Roald Dahl
    Kate Elliott
    David Gemmell
    Terry Goodkind
    Robert Jordan
    G.R.R.Martin
    Christopher Paolini
    Phillip Pullman
    Patrick Rothfuss

That’s pretty much it, for now 😀

Ani
    Participant

(both poets, novel writers, non fiction writers, and people that produced inspiring quotes)

Jotie ‘t Hooft (Belgian poet, died of suicide)
    Emily Bronte (my keyboard lacks the correct accents. Wuthering Heights is a masterpiece, and she wrote amazing poetry too)
    Rosa Luxemburg
    Albert Camus
    Paulo Coelho
    Boudewijn Büch (late Dutch writer, famous for his incredible style of writing travelogues)
    Damien Echols (he’s innocent. No proof of any guilt whatsoever)
    Jevgeni Zamjatin
    George Orwell
    Noam Chomsky
    Eva Vergaelen (her book about women in Islam was so refreshing to read in a time where most people have such wrong ideas about Islam? A few chapters convinced me of her admirable motivation and poetic writing style)

Anonymous
    Inactive

There is only one William Bodri.

Little book of Meditation
    The Little Book of Hercules
    The Taihu School: A New Model of Education That Brings Culture and Values Back Into Schools
    The Means to Win: Strategies for Success in Business and Politics
    Spiritual Paths and Their Meditation Techniques
    How to Measure and Deepen Your Spiritual Realization
    White Fat Cow: How to Change Your Life, Fortune, and Destiny Through Merit and Meditation.
    The Little Book of Meditation
    Internal Martial Arts- Nei Gong
    What is Enlightenment

He’s the best for English speaking audiences when it comes to the subject of meditation or self-cultivation.

Número Uno!

Emily
    Participant

H.P. Lovecraft, Paulo Coelho, Mary Shelley, and Edgar Allen Poe are some of my favorites.

Kim
    Spectator

When I was younger, I was always reading Amelia Atwater-Rhodes. I loved her books when I was a teen. Something about her writing kept my interest.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Membership required to post topics or reply in the forums...

Become Member
Meet asexuals

Asexualitic.com is the first community and dating site for Asexual people. When major dating sites don't recognize our asexuality, we think that asexual people should have a place to meet and talk. Create your Asexualitic.com profile to search and meet other aexuals, or build a platonic relationship.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up