Favorite series?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Peter
    Participant

(Bringing the thread back from the grave but dang it I just joined so screw it)

Baccano! Oh man that anime is the bomb. It reminds me of Cowboy bebop in all the right ways for some reason.

I don’t know if it’s the teacher in me but as far as manga goes I’ve recently been a big fan of assassination classroom. It’s like the right mix of silly and action manga.

Actually, anything that has a lot of light-hearted tones and action is right up my alley. (Gurren Lagan, Toriko, FLCL… Oh man FLCL…)
    That or crazy good action/plot twists (death note, FMA, etc.) and recently for that its Attack on Titan.

I should probably do something productive with my days… welp.

Sarita
    Participant

I absolutely love the anime for Fairy Tale and I love the manga for Kaicho wa Maid-sama! Though the anime was pretty good as well.

Mi-Linh
    Participant

I’m absolutely into Skip Beat by Yoshiki Nakamura and The Tyrant Falls In Love by Hinako Takanaga (’cause yaoi) for the manga series.

For anime, my favorites include One Outs (baseball!) and Yu Yu Hakusho ’cause I’m an old soul and Kurama.

Anonymous
    Inactive

For some reason I never developed an interest in Manga like I have Anime so I have no favourites there as I don’t read them.

I have several favourites for Anime, probably at or near the top is Black Lagoon. Psycho Pass was also very enjoyable for me as well as Madoka Magica. Different from those but still adored is Spice & Wolf. Runner-ups would be Dark Than Black (1st season) and FMA: Brotherhood.

Alicia Smith
    Participant

It’s a tie between Inuyasha and Case Closed, though I watch a lot of anime, I alway go back to those two….well and Dragonball Z

Anonymous
    Inactive

If we have to go with all-time favorite, then Yu Yu Hakusho hands down. Such a great show. :sigh:.

Liz
    Participant

I haven’t read the manga, but the anime of mushi-shi is one of the most beautiful, relaxing shows I’ve ever seen. It takes an entirely new view on demons and monsters, and I wish there were more shows like it.

Liz
    Participant

Ouran is a great anime, especially for asexuals. It’s a reverse harem anime at its core, but done beautifully and so well that you don’t notice until you really look at it, and ever better, she gets all of them. It’s a beautiful display of all the different kinds of love people can feel for each other, whether it be as partners, siblings, classmates, teammates, and more. It’s one of my favorites.

Lahkesis
    Participant

Elfin Lied … i even got lucy tattooed , well ofc cuz i love the anime ! n it represented a time i lived … so it was perfect !

Anonymous
    Inactive

Manga: would probably be Fullmetal Alchemist.
    Anime series: Vision of Escaflowne
    Anime movie: Mononoke Hime or Spirited Away, probably. Definitely Studio Ghibli.

Kyra Lewis
    Participant

It’s a tie between Monster and Trigun for anime, but for manga… gosh, hard to say. Probably Black Jack, because i’m a sucker for medical dramas, jackass doctors, and Osamu Tezuka so this manga was practically made for me.
    For an anime movie, uh… this is gonna sound really silly but it’s a toss-up between Kiki’s Delivery Service and Pokemon: Spell of the Unknown. >>; It was like pokemon silent hill! So awesome! And Kiki was my childhood, so… yeah.

Savannah
    Participant

Princess Tutu will always hold a special place in my heart for anime (yes, the title sounds ridiculous, but I love it a lot, especially the second half). Ouran and Baccano! are up there in the favourites section as well.

Oh! And Mushishi. Quiet little piece, but brilliant. I’m holding out for the dub of the second season.

Jessica Sutton
    Participant

Madoka Magica
    Madoka

Lindsey
    Participant

Attack on Titan for me! Others would be Blue Exorcist, Ouran HSHC, Fairy Tail, and Hunter x Hunter!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I love anything that’s a bit of a mind screw: Madoka Magica, Evangelion, Revolutionary Girl Utena; somebody recently recommended Pycho Pass to me as a good psychological anime, so that’s my next one. Ouran and Hetalia hold a special place in my heart too, I like a bit of comedy~

ivy
    Spectator

My favorite animes are Skip Beat, Ouran High School Host Club, and One Piece.
    Sadly they only made one season of Skip Beat so I just have to be content with the manga.

Gale
    Spectator

It’s jojo’s bizarre adventure, honestly- part 4 is my absolute fave.

Mikropolis
    Spectator

I like/love almost everything mentioned here but there are few anime that measure up to the the manga … am I the only one who loved Shakagan no Shana (or is that too old?? I thought FLCL was awesome, Madoka, Tutu, FMA, Gurren Lagan was surprising, Death Note (in dubbed and subbed) … well I will get to jojo’s because I keep hearing good stuff.
    But pls let me know of good classics, like maison ikkoku (I loved that).

Jonathon N
    Spectator

Manga: Berserk by FAR.

Jennelle
    Spectator

I love a lot of them but my most favorite series are Free!, Ouran Host Club, Cardcaptor Sakura, Sailor Moon, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle and Madoka Magica.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Membership required to post topics or reply in the forums...

Become Member
Meet asexuals

Asexualitic.com is the first community and dating site for Asexual people. When major dating sites don't recognize our asexuality, we think that asexual people should have a place to meet and talk. Create your Asexualitic.com profile to search and meet other aexuals, or build a platonic relationship.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up