Why Does Initial Enthusiasm Fades After Joining

Asexualitic : Meet Asexuals Forums General discussion Why Does Initial Enthusiasm Fades After Joining

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    Aux
    Participant

That’s an interesting theory. If it’s true then I’m quite the superior asshole.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for your advice. It seems you have solution to all problems.

Aux
    Participant

Flutteryby, the relationship my partner and I share is unique, but none of us in this forum are strangers to uniqueness. We do not “ignore” each other, we simply do not crave as much attention/interaction as most people. It is established we are introverts after all.

My partner and I respect that the other has ambitions and fully supports these dreams. We are in fact happy by ourselves, but the time we spend together enrich our lives. If I wanted to have a relationship for show, I would not have waited 22 years for the right person to share my life with.

As for “…what’s the point of your relationship then?” I don’t believe I can explain this to someone who doesn’t see the value in friendship, as you expressed in the non-binary forum. You’ll just have to trust me when I say I get a multitude of things out of it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I thought of making a “What thoughts cross your mind when you read the previous poster’s profile” thread, but I thought no one would respond to it. 😛

Maybe a “What’s your ideal relationship?” thread would be more appropriate though since this thread has alot of those sentiments..

EDIT: Something is funky with the reply system. This should have been to Guarav’s comment.

subEDIT: FB, I am also bothered to no end by this protocol. Thankfully it does not affect my conscious being.

Aux
    Participant

And yet some advice is unwarranted and incorrect. Though I agree that desperation is not appealing, I certainly have not found any evidence that Guarauv is being dramatic or desperate.

And here is some more unwarranted advice: if one must say “no offense” then it most certainly is offensive.

Aux
    Participant

Yura, I think the first one is more interesting and interactive. Why not make both though?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Aux but here we should all learn to live with the wisdom that is forced upon us. After all she has “superior aura”

Anonymous
    Inactive

I made the same mistake. I realise that if you click the reply button on the time and date stamp above the poster, it replies to the poster.

I think it is a good idea to start the thread but I guess people should be filling “looking for” section in their profiles.

Aux
    Participant

Normally I’d have ignored it, but I’ve got a pesky habit of getting defensive for other people’s sake. But, you’re right. There’s no point fighting the tide.

Anonymous
    Inactive

-isn’t getting that impression- But ohh well… Flutterby, you’re an extrovert and you know it but denial seems to give you butterflies. 😛 You couldn’t survive without pushing your wisdom on to the unsuspecting!

Anonymous
    Inactive

May God be with whoever chooses live with you. I am amazed at the authenticity you judge people here merely by reading few lines about them.

Aux
    Participant

Hey, guys I’m sorry for opening Pandora’s box. I didn’t realize what we were dealing with until it was too late.

Anyway, I’ve learned my lesson and will no longer engage with a disturbance.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have just commented on one of her posts but I agree the best is to avoid. I think we should close this tread anyway we shared good amount of experience. Aux don’t forget the disturbance may affect other threads as well.

Aux
    Participant

Oh I’m well aware, haha. Though it is easily ignored and I’m not concerned. It kind of saddens me that this topic might be closed since I’ve found other aces I like talking too. For whatever reason I haven’t really concerned myself with ace interaction/friendship before. I think I was simply disinterested. But I find you guys refreshing. Anyway, feel free to send me private messages or engage me in other forum threads :]

Anonymous
    Inactive

Aux who is here to stop us from communicating. There is no stop button for the thread anyway. I think I was wrong in suggesting that. I take it back. Let the fun continue. Open messages encourages others to interact too. I have learnt so much from people here. I keep refreshing my screen every now an then to see new posts (except few). I feel connected.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Drink from the well of my soul then, I enjoy your being here too. And you as well Guarav. 🙂

Aux
    Participant

Haha thanks Yura.

And Guarav, I do think keeping up correspondence forum correspondence is the best way to show people that there are at least some active users lol.

I have a strange sense of kinship with you guys. I rarely open up, and I’m amazed how much I’ve over-shared about myself. I’m usually closed up like a clam. Despite everything, this site/forum feels like a safe place. Which is something I didn’t realize I experienced the absence of.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Please group do not get silent because of some disturbance. I learnt a new term today – “grey romantic” never knew I am one. Did not know there was a term for it. Cannot imagine myself being romantic but I am certainly affectionate and believe and value close friendships.

Aux
    Participant

You know, grey romantic is a pretty good descriptor of what I am too. I assumed I was aromantic but my current situation proves otherwise.

Hey, have you guys ever heard of “ace rings”? I just found out about them. Apparently if you wear a black band on the middle finger of your right hand, it’s a subtle announcement that you’re ace. I think that’s pretty cool. I’m considering doing it.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Membership required to post topics or reply in the forums...

Become Member
Meet asexuals

Asexualitic.com is the first community and dating site for Asexual people. When major dating sites don't recognize our asexuality, we think that asexual people should have a place to meet and talk. Create your Asexualitic.com profile to search and meet other aexuals, or build a platonic relationship.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up