Might as well start an intro post

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Matan Goldstein
    Participant

Hey all you members! Figured I’d try to get one of these groups a bit active and try to get more and more people to register to this site if they see there’s is activity.

So to start off why don’t we talk about if a) you own or would like to own a dog or dogs b) What kind would you like to own or already own

I’ll start it off! Personally, I’d love to own a black lab, huskie, and maybe one more. As of right now I don’t own any so I’m hoping to change that once I get a house.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have two dogs, The first is a Black Lab I got from the RSPCA when she was 10wks old. she is 1 and a half years old now and her name is Shea, here are some photos (a couple are puppy photos)

When Shea was approx 1 yr old, I got another dog called Woody (not my choice), He was abandoned at a kennel around the time I was looking for a companion for Shea, so I had to save him! We estimate he is around the same age as Shea, and he is Lab x Staffy.

He is camera shy, and not quite as photogenic as Shea haha.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I grew up with a terrier mix named Casey. He was a scrappy powderpuff of a dog and I really miss him since he passed away a few years ago. I don’t have a dog right now because I’m staying with my parents while I’m house/condo hunting. Once I find a place, the first thing I’m going to do is adopt a dog. I would love to get a big dog like a irish wolfhound or a mastiff. Though if I had a condo I would get a small dog like a french bulldog or a yorkie.

I’ve named all those breeds, but I would probably adopt a pitbull because those are the dogs that are perpetually left in the shelter and really need a loving home.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I own two dogs. Both of them mutts we got from the pound.

The first one is Kirby. She’s a Jack Russell/Pitbull mix. She’s a sweetheart and despite her high energy, enjoys a good cuddle. I had her for two or three years now.
    kirby

The other one’s name is Benson. He’s actually just a puppy. We’ve had him for about half a year now. Not even that I think he’s mostly Wiemaraner with a little Beagle in him. Regardless of having none in him, he looks just like a black lab!!
    benson

I would love to get a huge dog when I’m older, like a bullmastiff, but any dog is great in my opinion.

Anonymous
    Inactive

My family has two dogs. We got them both at SPCAs. I love how both Natalie and Zachary rescued there dogs too!

I’ll share some pictures. My older dog’s name is Dixie. She’s a “Louisiana catahoula leopard dog” 😛 it’s a thing. She’s 14 I believe. My younger dog, Duke, is a mutt and around 6 years old. I honestly don’t know what he’s a mix of. He was a Philadelphia stray, so he has an aggressive side, but he loves to just lay on top of you for a cuddle fest!

Dixie and I when we were both very young.

Duke and I :] Still pretty young.

I would love to adopt a shelter dog when I get out of college, one that enjoys cuddles and hiking for long trips!

Gina
    Participant

I have a great little guy, he is a weiner/pug mix…mostly looks pug. I so wanted to post a pick or two but I am just not computer savvy enough to figure how on this sight. Any of you folks in the So Cal area? Doggie Parks can make for a fun time.

Nicole
    Participant

I love seeing puppy pictures! My family has three dogs at the moment. Oreo is now 15, she’s a german shorthair pointer mix from the SPCA. Cocoa is 10, she’s a mix of everything but definitely has border collie in her, she was found under a truck with a broken hip and the SPCA wouldn’t take her. Dove, now 6 is a purebred german shepherd a cousin got from a petstore even though she lived in an apartment and we wound up taking in.

I love big dogs! Mastiffs, akitas, all of them!

• This reply was modified 10 years, 2 months ago by Nicole.
    Louise
    Participant

I have a 2 yr old Bernese Mountain Dog called Abby, and before her have had 3 other Berners.

In a dream world I’d have a couple of Bernese, a St Bernard, A Newfoundland and other giant long haired doggies.

Meliss
    Participant

Sadie!

sadie again

Oh my. This is my baby back up home in New Jersey with my mom. Her name’s Sadie- she’s a 1 year old German Shepherd, who has a heart of gold.

Sadie’s my mom’s dog but, she’s still such a sweetheart. Personally, I’d love to have a corgi once I graduate from university and move across the ocean to my (hopefully) permanent home in England…

Elizabeth
    Participant

Hi all! I can barely type for my dogs wanting attention! I have 2 golden retrievers. The female is 6.5 years old and my male is 5 years old. I just joined this group. So as of yet I know nothing about posting photos, etc. But I’m totally a dog lover. They are my babies, a huge part of my family.

Gustavo
    Participant

I own a 13 year old shih tzu! His name is Brandon and he says hi 😀 hahah
    mydog

Anonymous
    Inactive

My best bud. A 9 year old (SPCA dog) Wheaten Terrier/Bichon Frise named Winter. He’s got the whole repertoire of tricks: Shake, Roll Over, Jump, Spin, Circle (Walk around me), Speak and most importantly he can pick the cup with the ball under! :D.

Winter Sleeping

Winter Looking Cool

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s 4 am and I can’t sleep. If I had a dog this wouldn’t be an issue.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I own two dogs. One Labrador / Border Collie Mix and a crazy off the wall Belgian Malinois. I love them both to bits but my next dog is going to be a nice calm Labrador.

The orange jerk on the left is my buddy Leon and the funky-eared dude on the other side of the Great Dane in my buddy Phoenix. The other three dogs are all dogs that are with my for a few weeks for training. I promise I don’t have like 100 dogs

Elisa
    Participant

These are my two girls :’D , both are schnauzer/chihuahua mix I think. However one behaves and looks more like a schnauzer (the black one named Ginebra), and the other one looks and behaves more like a chihuahua (the spotted one named Maria Teresa).

Ginebra’s super smart, she could easily be a trick dog if I dedicated more time to teaching her stuff. The other one… I’m honestly not even sure how Maria Teresa survived on the streets n_n;;, she’s just so clumsy and silly, she’s fun to have around though :D.

my girls, Ginebra and Maria

Amber
    Participant

Hey all, I just joined so I figured I’d post some pictures of my poochy 🙂

As far as I know he’s a Border Collie mix of some sort. He was listed as an “Australian Shepherd mix” as a puppy at the shelter but he doesn’t look anything like an Aussie Shep now that he’s an adult. One day I’ll save up the money to do a DNA test on him, just for fun. 🙂

So cute!

His name is Karthal, which is completely made up (but he’s the one and only!) Why did I name my dog such a silly thing? Well, you see.. I worked for the Maryland SPCA at the time and fostered Kar and his sister when they were 6 weeks old. They came from a litter of 11 that was found in an abandoned house, and the shelter had no room for them; So, all of the staff decided that we’d split them up in pairs (one lucky person took home 3 pups!) and we fostered them until they were old enough to adopt out. My room mate and I decided we’d just name the puppies whatever because whoever adopted them was going to change the name anyway. I named Kar and my room mate named his sister. During this time I had to euthanize my 13 year old Chow mix and.. well.. I already loved Karthal, so I ended up foster-failing and adopted him. My home just didn’t feel right without a dog in it.

Unfortunately, after weeks of calling Kar by his name, he sort of learned it and.. I just never changed it, ha ha! So now he’s got a silly name. 🙂 But he’s a silly dog, so it fits.

Ninja loves his dog

And Kar loves his kitten

Christmas Kar!

Okay, I’ll stop now. I’m totally one of “those” dog owners, ha ha!

sandyknight
    Participant

Hello everyone!

I have two “hairy children”; a cockerspaniel mix 9 yrs old and a shih-tzu about 8 yrs. Both are girls, have veeeeery different personalities and I love them to bits :).

Laserone
    Participant

I have a Pug and he is my life! 🙂 I adore him. He just turned 10. He has over 3,000 friends on facebook (I only have about 100 or so). heheMah beh-beh <3

Laserone
    Participant

I love seeing everyone’s pet photos! 🙂

Raell5
    Spectator

Two of my beloved rescue dogs on my Kentucky farm

<table style=”width:auto;”><tr><td></td></tr><tr><td style=”font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right”>From 4-23-09, playing dogs</td></tr></table>

Tupper (2 yr old Jack Russell Terrier) teasing Shaney (10 yr old Chow mix) to play

<table style=”width:auto;”><tr><td></td></tr><tr><td style=”font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right”>From 4-23-09, playing dogs</td></tr></table>

Tupper and Rasty, rescue 10 yr old soft-coated Wheaten Terrier rolling together

Fergie (5 yr old Feist Terrier) watches Tupper+Shaney, while Rasty (10 yr old Soft-coated Wheaten) stays out of the way

<table style=”width:auto;”><tr><td></td></tr><tr><td style=”font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right”>From 7-6-09 Poppy Mnt, farm</td></tr></table>

Pandy, hand-raised Mitred Conure, grooming my eyebrows

<table style=”width:auto;”><tr><td></td></tr><tr><td style=”font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right”>From 7-6-09 Poppy Mnt, farm</td></tr></table>

Pandy grooming me while dogs play in the background

<table style=”width:auto;”><tr><td></td></tr><tr><td style=”font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right”>From Pets</td></tr></table>

Soldier, KY, Rachel on Banjo jumping log during trail ride, Shaney behind us

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Membership required to post topics or reply in the forums...

Become Member
Meet asexuals

Asexualitic.com is the first community and dating site for Asexual people. When major dating sites don't recognize our asexuality, we think that asexual people should have a place to meet and talk. Create your Asexualitic.com profile to search and meet other aexuals, or build a platonic relationship.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up