Your favourite bands and artists

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Ani
    Participant

Maybe just a very simple icebreaker to get to know each other a bit … Which are your favourite bands or artists? Those that mean a lot to you, give you new energy when you need it, make you feel happy whenever their music reverbs in the room, inspire you for your own creations, … ?

My list is very long, so I will shorten it a bit.

ESSENTIALS (the absolute favourites)
    Echo & The Bunnymen
    The Smiths
    Manic Street Preachers
    Orphaned Land
    Sophya
    The God Machine
    Sophia

OTHERS I ADORE
    A Perfect Circle
    Heather Nova
    Patti Smith
    Bauhaus
    Placebo
    Marilyn Manson (first 4 albums only, the last 10 years he’s been terribly bad)
    EMA
    Arsenal (not the British football club, I talk about the Belgian band)
    Silke Bischoff / 18 Summers
    The Connells
    U2 (up until and including Achtung Baby, then came some less good albums)
    Natacha Atlas
    Muse
    HaMachshefot
    Birdy
    Heideroosjes
    The Damned
    Indochine

BUSY DISCOVERING, FIRST IMPRESSIONS BEING VERY GOOD
    SoKo
    Intergalactic Lovers
    Editors
    Slowdive
    KLF

GUILTY PLEASURES
    Ace of Base
    Erasure
    ABBA
    Army of Lovers
    Gala

Leslie
    Participant

My faves are:
    Heart, Brandi Carlile, Garbage, Godsmack, Halestorm, In This Moment.

I love so many bands I’m having a hard time sitting down to write them! I love so much music.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Top 10:

Radiohead
    Pixies
    Sonic Youth
    Sparklehorse
    My Bloody Valentine
    PJ Harvey
    Boards of Canada
    Pink Floyd (1967 – 1977)
    Deftones (1995 – 2006)
    The Smiths

25 more:
    The Beatles, Yes, King Crimson, Can, Camel, Underworld, R.E.M., Talk Talk, Soundgarden, Autechre, Blur, The Smashing Pumpkins (1991-2000), Alice in Chains, Bjork (1993-1997), Berry Sakharof (Israeli), Beck (1993-1994), Jeff Buckley, Incubus, Eviatar Banai (Israeli), Queens of the Stone Age, The Strokes, Between the Buried and Me, Sweet Trip, Dudu Tassa (Israeli) and Tame Impala.

Ani
    Participant

I love Middle Eastern music. I adore Orphaned Land and Aviv Geffen, and Sophya (who are living in the Netherlands but originate from Israel). But I can just as well enjoy traditional piyyuts. I study Hebrew in evening school so Hebrew songs can sometimes be a good help to learn new words.

I also love Inbal Perlmuter and HaMachshefot, such as shame we’ll never hear her lovely voice live again.

Anonymous
    Inactive

OMG this is so hard, there are so many great artists! Even though I like the heavy kind of rock I have to admit that I appreciate artists like Jeff Buckley, Michael Jackson, Ray Charles and others more musically.

Brigitte
    Participant

Here’s a list, not in order: John Newman – Lana Del Rey – The Fray ♥ – Christina Aguilera ♥ – P!nk ♥ – Hilary Duff – Paul McCartney – Eminem – Steve Harley – Kate Bush – Florence + the machine ♥ – Colbie Caillat – Celine Dion – Robbie Williams ♥ – Kylie Minogue – Nine Inch Nails – Imagine Dragons – Enrique Iglesias – Ali Brustofski – Lily Allen – Gavin DeGraw – Katy Perry – Fleetwood mac.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Fleetwood Mac
    Pages
    Nujabes
    Electric Light Orchestra
    Dan Mangan

Said the Whale
    Two Door Cinema Club
    Daft Punk
    Joe Hisaishi

Big Bang
    K.K. Slider

Lenka
    Participant

Iced Earth, Nevermore, Amorphis, Mercenary, Circle II Circle, Disturbed, Orden Ogan, Absolva, Dream Evil, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Savatage, Vicious Rumors, Hammerfall, Seven Witches, Sabaton, Axel Rudi Pell, Black Label Society, Blaze Bayley, Ozzy Osbourne, Evergrey, Evanescence, Sister Sin, Trivium…

Anonymous
    Inactive

Classic rock and 80’s hair bands are my most listened to music: Led Zep, Pink Floyd, Whitesnake, Motley Crue, GnR’s, etc. I spend my days listening to Planet Rock (British radio station).

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Membership required to post topics or reply in the forums...

Become Member
Meet asexuals

Asexualitic.com is the first community and dating site for Asexual people. When major dating sites don't recognize our asexuality, we think that asexual people should have a place to meet and talk. Create your Asexualitic.com profile to search and meet other aexuals, or build a platonic relationship.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up