sharing is caring…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Anna
    Participant

share your favourite songs whatever style, age, popularity

Anna
    Participant

this is one of my favourite songs right now

Tibbs
    Participant

I know its a silly song but I find it to be enjoyable none the less.

Stupidly Happy by XTC

Blastido
    Participant

Anonymous
    Inactive

Good topic! It’s good to share our music;)
    I knew the first (black sands) but not the second song, I like!
    One of my favorite songs is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1l9WST5lXM

Anonymous
    Inactive

Absolutely love Bonobo πŸ™‚ Always have all the albums to hand, infallible mood music for any occasion haha

Keeping with that vibe, is anyone else into Mr Scruff?

Anonymous
    Inactive

here ya go πŸ™‚

Semok
    Participant

Alright, time for some weird stuff, thanks to my weird tastes. So I’m a huge fan of Barbershop Quartets. Couldn’t find the CD version that I have, only live versions. This is one song that I like by this group:

• This reply was modified 10 years, 4 months ago by Semok.
    Rachel
    Participant

Sebadoh- “Soul & Fire

• This reply was modified 10 years, 4 months ago by Rachel.
    Anonymous
    Inactive

i donΒ΄t have a favorite song but i really like this song:

Oddball
    Participant

I really like this song: Breathe (2 AM) by Anna Nalick.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have a bunch of favorite songs, so here’s one of them. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLn4_Wz3Tc0

Anonymous
    Inactive

One of my current favourites

Ani
    Participant

If I have to name my favourite songs, the list would contain about 50 pages. So I’ll have to gradually add a few songs with each entry, I don’t want to turn this into a monologue after all πŸ™‚

Here’s two songs I love of artists I saw live 2 weeks ago. It was amazing to hear those lovely songs sung live while being virtually at front row of the audience.

Suede : Trash

Since I love trying to find out the meaning of the lyrics, let me explain this one. It’s often seen as a lovesong for two outcasts, but it is not intended as such. It’s about being in a band, about what the band stands for and believing in those ideals, and in the unique affection between a band and their fans. It’s basically celebrating life in a band, and celebrating the Mutual love between musicians and their fans.

Patti Smith – Because the Night

I see this song as a true ode to love, one of the most passionate songs ever. So much that, as much as I have erotophobia, I can see the beautiful side of sex (without saying I’ll ever lose those fears and be able to experience it ; but listening to these words I can perfectly understand sex can be a celebration of love in the right setting). Words such as “desire is hunger, desire I breathe. Love is a banquet on which we feed” are truly exceptional. I adore Patti Smith overall though, I could have just as well taken another song of hers such as “Beneath the Southern cross”, “Rock n Roll Nigger”, “Gloria”, “Land”, “Horses”, …

Birdy – Wings

I bought the CD single two days ago, despite having the full album already. It’s just a song that means a lot to me. It’s so incredibly romantic in its lyrics (“I just wanna be by your side, if these wings could fly” – it’s so simple but so powerful and recognisable) and the song gives such a dreamy, romantic, warm feeling. I hope to have this song as opening song on my wedding someday. In all its simplicity, it just sounds so right in every possible meaning.

I’ll add more later! πŸ™‚

Draconian
    Participant

Draconian – September Ashes

Lyrics :

September begun with a goodbye to my heart
    The pictures you put in my head brought tears behind my icy hands

Come closer; Breathe my name and nothing more
    We are mere whisperings of a heartfelt elegy

So when I scream for you, do not answer me
    When I beg you to hold me, just walk away…

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by Draconian.
    • This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by Draconian.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Membership required to post topics or reply in the forums...

Become Member
Meet asexuals

Asexualitic.com is the first community and dating site for Asexual people. When major dating sites don't recognize our asexuality, we think that asexual people should have a place to meet and talk. Create your Asexualitic.com profile to search and meet other aexuals, or build a platonic relationship.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

Γ—

Γ—
FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?
Γ—

Go up