Travel Destinations?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Thought I’d start a thread on where people think they’d like to travel to, and if anyone has been or has advice to share it too 🙂

I’d like to visit South-East Asia again, having been to Borneo Malaysia few years ago. Wonderful climate, people and culture. And amazing food! Am thinking Vietnam, Cambodia, Indonesia next.

Anyone been there before?

Semok
    Participant

One of my friends and current roommate is actually from Cambodia, so I can always ask him advice on going there. My other roommate, who’s his girlfriend, went there as well. From what I heard from them, they had a really good time, and they were able to make some money teaching while they were there.

As for myself, I had one amazing college class where I got to live in the Amazon rainforest for a little over the week. It was one of the best experiences of my life and it gave me a taste for traveling. I am hoping to travel to France with my cousin in the summer, and perhaps London, but I have no idea what to do or where to go. XD

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh cool 🙂 You lucky enough to get some Cambodian food coked now and again?

Yes know a few folk who went off teaching while travelling, seeks like a good way to go. I definitely need to get to France soon too, though first will have to brush up on my rusty linguistic skills haha

Semok
    Participant

I’m not sure if it’s Cambodian food, but my roommates do make a huge variety of different types of foods. As a whole, the three of us love to try new things, so we just cook whatever we can think of. We also have a lot of crazy ingredients and sauces and such. Makes for some delicious meals.

And yeah, I’m a bit scared of traveling to France just because I took french a very long time ago and remember pretty much nothing. I always worry that I’ll come across as disrespectful.

Apollonia
    Participant

Let’s see… I’ve traveled to Spain, Japan, and China (Bejing for Chinese New Years) and I lived in Italy for five weeks working on operas. Now, I’ve been living in Korea for almost four years.

I would like to visit so many countries! I can’t wait to go to Japan again. I want to move to Norway in a few years. I want to visit the England and Scotland, as well as Canada, a few African countries, Australia, New Zealand, more Asian countries, and yeah… I want to travel more. haha

Semok
    Participant

I am so jealous that you went to Japan! Japan is probably on the top of the list for places I want to go, with England and New Zealand close behind. I always told myself that I would learn Japanese first before going, though, which doesn’t look like it’ll happen anytime soon.

Apollonia
    Participant

I only know a few words in Japanese and I got by well enough both times. Body language is generally the same in most countries, thankfully.
    I would say that if you don’t have tattoos and can use the spas, learn the kanji for ‘men’ and ‘women’ as the rooms will trade sometimes because one room is usually better than the other if it is a natural spa.

Semok
    Participant

If I was to go to a spa, I guess it would be rather important to tell men from women. XD
    I’ve been told that most of the signs in japan, as well as the people in restaurants and such, know english, and are actually excited to use english. I’m not sure if that was your experience, though.

Nicole
    Participant

Let’s see. I’m currently living in Japan, so I’ve seen a bunch of interesting things here. I would say most people don’t speak English, but in any big city there will be English menus and the signs all have English on them too. I didn’t know much Japanese when I got here, but a few years later and I’m much better XD.

Travel-wise I’ve been to Germany, France, Belgium, Austria, Italy, Greece, Turkey, New Zealand and Thailand. I loved Germany and definitely want to go back again, I also need to see more of Italy.

My top places I still want to go are Ireland, Egypt, England, Peru, Venezuela, India and Croatia. (So pretty much everywhere XD)

Semok
    Participant

I must say, I am so jealous of you. Man, do I wanna go to Japan.

I have been to Peru, however, which was quite fun. For the most part, I was in the Amazon. My mother is from Peru, though.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Membership required to post topics or reply in the forums...

Become Member
Meet asexuals

Asexualitic.com is the first community and dating site for Asexual people. When major dating sites don't recognize our asexuality, we think that asexual people should have a place to meet and talk. Create your Asexualitic.com profile to search and meet other aexuals, or build a platonic relationship.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up