Last Metal/Rock album you bought…

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

So lets hear about you latest Metal/Rock purchases! 🙂

For me it was,

Testament – The Ritual
    Doro – Raise Your Fist

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ooh, nice post! 😀

My last two were:

Sirenia – Perils of the Deep Blue
    Thyrfing – De Ödelösa

Some symph/gothic black and some viking black, yay!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Nice! Haven’t heard of those two bands before so will have to check them out 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Picked up the new GWAR album today, ‘Battle Maximus’ \m/

Ani
    Participant

Orphaned Land – All is one (the special edition with added DVD)

Then I bought some records from Birdy, Arsenal, Intergalactic Lovers, The Van Jets, The Smiths, Patti Smith, EMA, … not exactly metal, although EMA’s noise rock at times can be quite heavy.

I ordered “Remedy Lane” by Swedish metal band Pain Of Salvation, but after several months with no notification I fear the shop is forgetting or not willing to admit they cannot get the CD ordered …

I considered “13” by Black Sabbath but after some listening concluded that, while each track stands as a good track by itself, it was a bit much of the same and i missed a true stand out track that I’d never get tired of (such as they used to make, “Sabbath bloody sabbath” being the ultimate example of how proper metal should be)

Anonymous
    Inactive

In Flames – Siren Charms was my last purchase.
    Not exactly the In Flames material I have been used to.

Having said that, After a few listens this album has grown on me.
    Will never be an In Flames classic album IMO.

Kaylah
    Participant

Slipknot 5. The Gray Chapter, and Black Veil Brides 4 (judge all you want. It’s still rock.)

Anonymous
    Inactive

I really need to check out more Orphaned Land, heard a couple of tracks and really enjoyed them.

As for “13” by Sabbath, it was ok but nothing amazing in my opinion. I get the impression they are just going for what people want rather than what they want to do as musicians, which for me gives off the vibe of just going through the motions. I would say similar things for Priest’s latest album.

Both albums I bought, but after a week or so never went back to them, maybe I will in time.

Brendan
    Participant

Not sure if its classified as Metal (I guess industrial), and not really an album, a single. Mein Land by Rammstein is catchy as all hell and the music video is hilarious.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Anathema – Alternative 4

Anonymous
    Inactive

My Dying Bride – A Map of All Our Failures

Anonymous
    Inactive

Not Rock or Metal related but….

Yazoo – Upstairs at Eric’s

Brendan
    Participant

Avatar-Hail the Apocalypse is a great album thus far. Hellyeah-Blood for Blood is one of their better ones.

Lenka
    Participant

Absolva – Anthems to the Dead

Anonymous
    Inactive

Moonspell – Extinct
    My Dying Bride – The Dreadful Hours
    The Damned – Phantasmagoria
    Killing Joke – Night Time

Joshua Kim
    Spectator

OH man, i wish there were more people to talk to about this. For me IWABO (Iwrestledabearonce)- Hail Mary.

Martin
    Spectator

I haven’t bought any albums for a while (last one was probably Amorphis – Under the Red Cloud, been listening to that a lot), but I’ve got a few that I mean to get soon, like the new Dream Theater and Avantasia ones.

I hadn’t heard of Moonspell until one of my band mates told me, some really nice songs on that album

Lenka
    Participant

Moonspell is popular where I live (I´m Czech), they play on some festival or their own gig almost every year. 😀

The last album I´ve bought was Circle II Circle – Reign of Darkness.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Membership required to post topics or reply in the forums...

Become Member
Meet asexuals

Asexualitic.com is the first community and dating site for Asexual people. When major dating sites don't recognize our asexuality, we think that asexual people should have a place to meet and talk. Create your Asexualitic.com profile to search and meet other aexuals, or build a platonic relationship.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up