It's Oh So Quiet Hello!

Viewing 12 posts - 21 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Zen
    Participant

Being gray (if that is what I am) isn’t so bad. Although I do miss the human companionship that went along with faking interest. I get it though, I am sure that “50 Shade of Gray-A” would be a much less appealing tale for most women. I am happy to see that I am not alone, at very least.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wow, it’s amazing how many people just figured out what they are just by joining this group, including me!
    I’d never even heard of grey asexual until 5 minutes ago so thanks for the link.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I browsed numerous profiles and I think I’ve never found a place before with so many kind, interesting people I can relate to so much!
    What’s sad is that I completely suck at maintaining friendships with real life friends, when they are not around, so it seems really dramatic to me that we live so far from each other:/ I’d love to meet every single one of you:D
    Cheers!

Daniel
    Participant

Hello! 😀

Recently realized that I’m Gray-A and very happy to have found this out.
    Really glad to know there are others out there of a like mind as I thought for a very long time something was wrong with me not craving sex like my friends all the time and just being sort of “Meh” about it.

Lizzy
    Participant

Welcome to the group Daniel 🙂
    I just joined recently myself, felt that something was wrong with me as well for quite some time, but now that I know why I’m like this I feel much better and more at peace with myself. Not completely happy, since I kinda think being as sexual as the others would make it easier, at least concerning relationships.
    But oh well, we are the way we are and that’s okay, right? 🙂

Daniel
    Participant

I’ve thought the same! 🙂 but come to realize it’s okay, because it’s worth finding someone who really understands and feels the same, as past relationships have just caused me so much stress, and definitely also feel much more peaceful now 🙂

Damn straight it’s okay 😀

Raell5
    Spectator

I had decided when I moved to Thailand four years ago that I wouldn’t even try to have relationships anymore, and I’ve been perfectly happy living the single life. But a mugging at a remote beach while I was out doing bird photography changed my mind. The problem is, I can only string a guy along so long, while he tries to impress me by going with me in my extreme birding jaunts, before he wants payback and I’m no longer willing to cave for companionship. Strangely, if I’m with someone long enough (usually about a year) my unreal libido kicks in..takes a crazed bi not to feel threatened, but luckily I can take sex or leave it. If nobody I love is around it doesn’t even cross my mind.

I just found out what gray ace and demisexual mean and it occurred to me that if I could find someone like that, it would be perfect.

SugarRush
    Participant

Hey there Rachel welcome!

Great to take things at your own pace, you are in the driver’s seat! Hopefully you’ll find what you’re looking for.

Sandra
    Participant

Hello there,

I found out this March/April that I am asexual. I have known for months that I am a heteromantic, grey asexual cougar. I had to have some help though. One of the guys on here who organises meet ups told me about the grey a bit.

I love being asexual, but find it hard because I am a minority within a minority. Apparently there are not that many heteromantic guys out there, and almost everyone I chat to, wants kids, and most want marriage. As I love passionately kissing and a ton of affection, I am very grey. Also, I enjoy living on my own and want a Living Apart Together relationship. Throw into the mix that I am only attracted to guys who are predominantly in their 20’s, mostly foreign and well – You can see how hard it may be. I say predominantly because I am open minded and there is one English guy I have been attracted to, but he is sexual and has other different needs.

Most of my male friends are in their early to mid twenties and I relate best to this age group. I have more in common with them, and feel more comfortable around them. There is no way I could kiss someone who was the same age or older, because I am not attracted to them, it would be like dating my dad – Not literally, but YUK! I have to be really attracted to a guy for kissing. I Have dated 21-27 years over the last 2 years, all foreign guys, but all sexual, so no good for me.

Raell5
    Spectator

Sounds ideal! Many young foreign men want the status of dating Caucasian women, some want green cards and some are gay, but happy to live with a woman and have discrete side lovers. One elderly woman I knew had a gorgeous young gay MX spouse in his 20s who redecorated her house, did all her shopping, was an excellent cook, traveled with her, snuggled with her, and slept in a separate bedroom. Both seemed happy with the arrangement. Last I heard, they are still together.

Sandra
    Participant

Hi Rachel

I do not want a younger guy to be with me and have a side lover. This is a major problem I need to avoid ever getting in to at all costs – That’s totally cheating. Nor do I want to be with a foreign guy for a visa. That’s one of the reasons why I would never get married. Nor do I want him to be gay, or want a green card, or do much for me. If he wants to cook for me, fine, clean, okay, because I don’t like either – But no, I hate all of those things you first mentioned. I am not that old either and certainly young for my age.

A lot of guys date/love/be in a committed relationship with or marry younger woman and don’t cheat on each other or are with them for those reasons, it’s no different for a female wanting to date/love/marry/be in a committed relationship with a younger guy. We still need the same respect, love and commitment. I would never have an open relationship. Being a romantic asexual, it would be totally out or order for a guy to even suggest that to me.

If I am attracted to any British guys, they tend to be in their early to mid twenties too. I can relate best to this age group, in my mind I am 24 years. when I talk to my male friends who are 21/22, it’s like we are no different. Apart from having had different experiences, that we can enrich each other’s life with. I totally believe age is a state of mind. Often guys who are in their late 20s/early thirties are too old for me, in their mindset and behaviour. I live a very quirky, young life, and a guy would need to keep up or at least not hold me back.

I want to be with a foreign guy because I have a lot of online foreign guy friends and I have dated foreign guys, and I am attracted to a certain type of look, that mostly a foreign guy has. I loved coloured skin, I think it’s very beautiful. I find foreign guys kind, polite, welcoming, easy to talk to, humble and appreciative, comfortable to be around, great to talk to, and I have a lot in common with a younger guy.

My cousin is 41 next month, and her boyfriend of over two and a half years, is 28 and from Tunisia. They live together, he was married to an older woman before, for a visa, so I understand this danger. He is with my cousin because he loves and care about her. He no longer needs a visa because he was married the required length of time before to get a visa, and citizenship. They have a great relationship.

I would only want to be with a foreign guy or other, because he loves me just for my personality and we are best buddies and soul mates. Totally loyal and faithful to each other and connected on a deeply emotional and intelligent level.

Raell5
    Spectator

Good luck with that!

I sort of had that, without knowing it.
    When I first moved to Thailand I was 58 but my best friend for a year was a handsome 22 yr old police lieutenant who had asked me to give him private English lessons. I said I’d exchange English lessons for Thai lessons and his driving me to the best birding spots in the province, including Khao Yai National Park.

All my life I have been unable to tell if someone was good looking and relied on my friends and the reactions of others to know. People told me he is gorgeous, but it meant nothing to me.

Because of his youth he was able to keep up with me on four-hour hikes through the jungle and climbing mountains, and he at least hid his fear while I was photographing snakes and wild elephants. He also quickly learned the names of my major target birds and would say things like “Pied Hornbill at 10 o’clock” to alert me.

His eyesight is sharper than mine, so he increased my ability to locate tiny birds in low jungle light. I would speak to him in Thai and he’d answer in English. He was also hilarious, constantly commenting on current news and making smart remarks and we’d yuk it up. Also, his taste in music was American and the same as mine.

I didn’t know at the time that I was asexual and partially transmale so we were like best male friends, playing football (soccer) for hours each day until the moon came up, then discussing constellations and stars. Strangely, most Thai seem to know all their names.
    Sometimes people at work would try to tease me about having sex with him and I’d say, “GROSS! Do you mind?? I’m eating.” People would look shocked and puzzled, then sceptical, but it seemed normal to me.
    Some of the male European teachers even told me he could have different ideas about ME, but I’d laugh it off, saying, “Are you KIDDING ME? I’m older than his GRANDMOTHER!”

He’d bring me along on short trips with his family and hang with friends and if anyone wondered about our relationship, they didn’t say anything in my hearing.

When I moved to another part of Thailand, we kept in touch by Skype, and he still messages and Skypes on occasion, but I prefer having a playmate around. I was spoiled having a male companion in the dangerous areas I frequent while doing extreme bird photography, and I was mugged while birding alone at a remote beach a few months ago.

I used to say that I wished there was another category for having a partner besides “spouse” so we could just play together and hang out. Perhaps an asexual partner would meet that need.
    But those men must be rare.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 5 months ago by Raell5.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Membership required to post topics or reply in the forums...

Become Member
Meet asexuals

Asexualitic.com is the first community and dating site for Asexual people. When major dating sites don't recognize our asexuality, we think that asexual people should have a place to meet and talk. Create your Asexualitic.com profile to search and meet other aexuals, or build a platonic relationship.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up