Introduce yourself here!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Key
    Participant

Here you can introduce yourself! Feel free to mention any cosplays you’ve done, are working on, or plan to do.

Margaret Moore
    Participant

Hello, all! I’m Margo and I’ve been cosplaying for about four years. My best cosplay that I’ve made myself is Mary Poppins. I also cosplay Alibaba Saluja from Magi and Captain Amelia from Treasure Planet (though I didn’t make those myself.) I’m currently working on Jean Kirstein from Attack on Titan and a fem! version of Captain America. Who do you all cosplay? (I’m so sorry if this double posts, my internet is being a butt)

Key
    Participant

Hello and welcome to the group! Your cosplays sound wonderful! I was a huge fan of Treasure Planet when I was younger and it still holds a special place in my heart. Also, Marvel cosplays rock! I typically cosplay Pepper Potts with my friends. How about CA2, huh? Awesome movie.

Key
    Participant

Hi, loves, I’m Key! I’ve been cosplaying since 2006 and started sewing my own in 2010, though I’ve been making props since the beginning of 2009. I’m currently working on the canon genderbent version of Prussia from Hetalia and the Magnet version of Miku Hatsune of VOCALOID. I also have quite a few cosplays in the planning process, though I like to keep those secret until I’ve made significant progress with them. (I will say they are from the Bioshock game series, VOCALOID, a Disney animated princess movie, and a Hayao Miyazaki movie.) My favorite character to cosplay in recent years has been a female version of Castiel from Supernatural, though I’ve more recently added a steampunk twist in another version of that character I do. I’m going to stop there so I don’t write a novel on past cosplays though. Hahaha.

Semok
    Participant

Hello! I’m Semok! I don’t really remember when I started cosplayin’, but it was some Otakons ago. For my first few outfits (10th Doctor from Dr. Who and Lelouch from Code Geass) I just bought the outfits, but now I’ve gotten into the habit of making my own. I’ve made my own rendition of Scarecrow from Batman, No Face from Spirited Away, and I am currently working on my most complicated outfit yet: Pyramid Head from Silent Hill.

Key
    Participant

Hi! Welcome to the group! How is Otakon? I’ve never been, but I hear a lot of people enjoy it. Major kudo points for cosplaying the 10th Doctor and Lulu. Wow, how was it to craft Scarecrow and No Face? Those always turn out to be pretty interesting and well-done by people; they seem really challenging though! Pyramid Head is awesome. I would love to see the final (or even progress pics)! Best of luck in your cosplay adventures!

Sam
    Participant

Hello! I have done quite a few cosplay’s, most of them anime characters. I have cosplayed multiple characters from Kyo Kara Maoh! and Belarus from Hetalia, as well as a Tohru Honda Fruits Basket cosplay and Giroro from Sgt. Frog.
    I am currently looking to start cosplaying more non anime things. I have done some, a Dr. Horrible cosplay and multiple Star Trek costumes, but right now I want to make something from the Hobbit. The only problem is I am having a difficult time choosing which character’s costume to make.

Kate
    Participant

hello! I’m Kate. I started getting into cosplaying years ago when I made my sister her first costume. Since then I have become my groups official costume maker. Some cosplays I have dressed as are Amy Pond (doctor who), a human version of Durpy (my little pony), and most resently Amy (soul Calibur). My future plans for upcoming cosplays are Yang (RWBY), Ariel’s new ballgown (Little mermaid), and Panty (from panty and stocking. I’ve never watched the show, but my friend really wanted to be stocking and didn’t want to do it alone) I am also very found of steampunk and lolita outfits.

mia-von-hyde
    Participant

Hello I’m Mia! I only started cosplaying a couple of years ago so I’m a relative newbie. I have very little skill in making my own so I use a mixture of commission artists or altering existing items of clothing. The two cosplays I’ve done that were photo-worthy were a pregnant Morrigan from Dragon Age and Snow from Wolf Among Us/Fables series. I’m hoping to eventually progress to making my own costumes and still have so many characters I would love to play.

Key
    Participant

Hello, Sam, welcome to the group! Always wonderful to meet another Hetalia cosplayer. I too have been focusing on more non-anime things lately, though I believe that has more to do with not being as into it. I look forward to your future cosplay adventures if you’d like to share!

Key
    Participant

Hi there, Kate! Welcome to the group. It’s actually really cool that you became the official costume maker of your group! What a wonderful line-up of cosplays you’ve done and it’s lovely you like steampunk and lolita too. I enjoy both myself. Best of luck with your future cosplay projects and feel free to share them here!

Key
    Participant

Greetings, Mia! Welcome to the group. Relative newbie or not, you are most definitely welcome here. It certainly takes time to learn and build the skills necessary to make your own costumes. Some people just simply don’t have the time to craft their own, for others crafting isn’t their thing or they are just beginning to learn. As long as you’re having fun, that’s what counts! Feel free to share your cosplays here if you’d like and best of luck with your future projects!

Alicia Smith
    Participant

Hello, I’m Alicia, I also recently started cosplaying. I’m starting off with simple cosplays like Japanese schoolgirl, or Dolly style, and just recently I cosplayed as Videl from DragonBall Z. Next year, I plan on cosplaying as Kagome from Inuyasha, but I really want to try more complex cosplays, I have a few ideas already.

Key
    Participant

Hello, Alicia, and welcome to the group! It’s good to see you’re not stressing yourself out with complex cosplays to start with. I made that mistake when I began crafting my own. Videl was one of my favorite females of DBZ, so it’s awesome to hear you cosplayed her. Best of luck with those more complex cosplays and Kagome!

Alexis Shaggy
    Participant

Hi >< I’m Ali! I have done three cosplays currently and have a lot to work on and also redo those I have done.
    I’ve cosplayed an au of an au of Bucky Barnes from Marvel, canon Morgiana from Magi, and Yata Misaki from [K]. I plan on doing JUST aus of Bucky, Morgiana, Yata, also Ymir from AOT/SNK, Nezumi from No. 6, a short haired Duo Maxwell from Gundam Wing, possibly Kate or Clint from Hawkeye, Castiel from Supernatural, Tony Stark from Marvel, and many many more.
    Usually, I make my own costumes, and since I’m going to redo some things for Bucky, Morgiana, and Yata, all others will be just normal or au clothing, since I like that twist!
    Does anyone else cosplay anything I do or am going to do? I’d love to hear about what you do!

Caroline Lares
    Spectator

Hello everyone. I cosplay pretty often and have been doing so for about 10 years. I switch between cosplaying as men and cosplaying as women. Both are pretty fun to me. It always makes me laugh how I have to wear so much more makeup to cosplay as a man.

My main costume at the moment is Seto Kaiba from Yugioh. I also cosplay as Ms. Marvel (Warbird Version, Marvel Comics), GLaDOS (Humanised Version, Portal), Miss Pauling (Team Fortress 2), Shinjiro Aragaki (Persona 3) and a host of others. I sew my costumes mostly on my own, with a few exceptions for pieces that can me much more cheaply bought rather than make them on my own.

I’m currently working on a Avengers movie accurate Black Widow which will be using materials as close to those used on the set. I’m currently hunting for the right fabric as no one in the communities I know of can figure out where to get it (not even on the RPF!). That costume is slated to be finished my NYCC 2015, but we’ll see how it goes lol.

Susan
    Participant

Hi everybody. I have never cosplayed but I love to see both the work in progress and the finished costumes of others. I really would love to cosplay for myself but right now it isn’t possible. I am happy to help by giving critiques or just helping to look for materials if anyone needs help.

Anonymous
    Inactive

My name’s Jules, I’ve been cosplaying since 2012, I’ve been Sweeney Todd, Jack Frost, and a lot of X-Men characters such as Gambit, Beast and Quicksilver. I’m only now learning to sew, as my skills lie in putting the costumes together. I go to New York Comic Con every October.

Caitlin
    Participant

Hello!

I’ve been cosplaying since that one fateful night in high school when my Anime club decided to have a cosplay party and I borrowed a costume (Fushigi Yuugi) from a friend. It was uncomfortable (skirt was too short) and I felt awkward as hell…but then I decided to make my own costume (Alice 19th) and the obsession HAD BEGUN.

Since then, I’ve made: Hana (Fruits Basket), Black Knight (Monty Python and the Holy Grail), Velma (Scooby Doo), Femme!Sherlock (BBC), Femme!Moist (Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog), Frobisher (Doctor Who Audio), Amy Pond (Doctor Who), Jenny Flint (Doctor Who), Marceline (Adventure Time), and three characters for a local Renaissance Faire.

I’m no costume genius. When you get up close to most of what I make, you see the errors and the corners I cut, and it’s true most of my plain-clothes cosplay are just artfully arranged store-bought semi-knock-offs…but my roommate is Costume College-trained and had decided to make me her Padawan.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi!

I’m kind of a cosplayer … I haven’t done many costumes and won’t do a bunch more due to my position on my self-image, but I have a deep love of replicating a character! I’ve cosplayed Sailor Uranus, Galadriel, and recently Lilandra Neramani (no more armour for me for a while, thank you!). I’m hoping to do Avatar Yang Chen next!

And I have no official basic training in sewing or crafting, so it’s a loooong process of trial and error, like a lot of cosplayers I’m sure. 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Membership required to post topics or reply in the forums...

Become Member
Meet asexuals

Asexualitic.com is the first community and dating site for Asexual people. When major dating sites don't recognize our asexuality, we think that asexual people should have a place to meet and talk. Create your Asexualitic.com profile to search and meet other aexuals, or build a platonic relationship.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up