Let's discuss our favorite composers and favorite works of music.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Allison
    Spectator

Seeing other people share in a love of classical music is always heart-warming to me, as if we are already friends because of it. I thought it would be fun to share our favorites.

Allison
    Spectator

Okay, so my list could go on for days, but I’ll just write the ones I’ve been listening to lately.

– Pavane Op. 50 by Gabriel Faure
    – Pathetique Sonata Adagio Cantabile by Beethoven
    – Pas De Deux from The Nutcracker by Tchaikovsky
    – Barcarolle: June by Tchaikovsky
    – Meditation from Thais by Massenet
    – Beau Soir by Debussy
    – Clair de Lune by Debussy

And if we were to include Opera that would open a whole other can of nuts! I don’t know if any of your are Opera people, but if you are you MUST tell me!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t really have the time for discussion, but there is one piece that I must add to this list.

— Violin Concerto Op. 14 by Samuel Barber

I heard this performed live by a true virtuoso, and it was magnificent. 🙂

the closest thing I can find online to his performance is this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR_v7lgSw7c)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Tchaikovsky Symphony No. 6 is pretty incredible. and I just adore Shostakovich’s Symphony No. 5. But as a violist, I’ve gotta give it up for the Glinka viola sonata in d-minor. beautiful and intense.

Chantal D
    Spectator

I pretty much love everything, but I always have trouble remembering the names, but anything about Chopin and Puccini can only be good. I love operas too.

Anna Jo
    Spectator

It doesn’t seem like this group is terribly active anymore, but maybe we can revive it ;D

My favorite composers are probably Tchaikovsky, Rachmaninov, Ravel, Shostakovich, and the Boulanger sisters. As far as favorite works? Too many to list, and I’ve only been into classical music for the last few years!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Membership required to post topics or reply in the forums...

Become Member
Meet asexuals

Asexualitic.com is the first community and dating site for Asexual people. When major dating sites don't recognize our asexuality, we think that asexual people should have a place to meet and talk. Create your Asexualitic.com profile to search and meet other aexuals, or build a platonic relationship.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up