Writing an Asexual Protagonist

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Stephanie Rose
    Spectator

So I’ve been wanting to do a short story involving an asexual protagonist, which I thought would be simple, but not so much. I’m having trouble figuring out how to reveal the protagonists asexuality in a realistic way. Normally I wouldn’t worry about this so much, but the story is for a magazine with that as the theme, so it has to be, apparent. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I can only think of a few
    the protagonist is focused on work or his/her goal, but has a friend that has a different sexualality that tries to help the pro. to have fun, but instead tries to figure out why the pro doesn’t seem interested in anybody. I would recommend the friend be bisexual since they see both genders as possibilities.

the pro could be very anti social that tries to get better at society and being a people person but instead faces the problem that he feels like he is missing something else that most people have, the sexual desire that no ace has.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Do you watch Sherlock? The updated show with Benedict Cumberbatch. They pretty much made him asexual in the most uniquest way. Maybe you could write something similar.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Membership required to post topics or reply in the forums...

Become Member
Meet asexuals

Asexualitic.com is the first community and dating site for Asexual people. When major dating sites don't recognize our asexuality, we think that asexual people should have a place to meet and talk. Create your Asexualitic.com profile to search and meet other aexuals, or build a platonic relationship.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up