Genres

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Story Summers
    Participant

So what genres/disciplines do we have represented here? I’m primarily a playwright who dabbles in novel-writing. I tend to write fantasy or realistic fiction, or the occasional sci-fi piece. What about you guys?

Becky
    Participant

I’m a novel and poetry writer. I actually got a poem of mine published! My novels tend to be fantasy, but I write a lot of horror/gore short stories.

Kendra
    Participant

I write novels, short stories, and poetry. Also newspaper-type articles. I generally stick to fantasy and realistic fiction.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I write novels and short stories, I prefer sci-fi or fantasy. Or speculative fiction with lots of magical realism etc.

Janet
    Participant

I write novels and not-so-short stories, which are almost always fantasy fiction.

Annabel
    Participant

I tried nano this year. and I write poems, sometimes for my own, and sometimes along with letters for people.

Jess
    Participant

I primarily write novels that are usually some flavor of fantasy.

Oddball
    Participant

I write short stories mostly and I tried my hand at novels before but I always lost motivation or looked back at what I wrote 2 years later and found it lacking.

Because I primarily write short stories, I like use most genres (some more than others), but not all of them at once in the same short story.

I prefer fantasy, comedy/humor and action though.

Louise
    Participant

Poetry [emotive], short stories [fiction] and blogs[travel]

Emily
    Participant

Usually Young Adult 😀 I love writing about Dystopian/Post-apocalyptic things, and even though Asexual, I love writing about romance too 🙂

Rachel
    Participant

My big passion is young adult, scifi, novels. Anything from genetic mutation to space travel to the ever popular (currently) dystopian. I like short stories that fall into contemporary and historical. I also blog about beauty and fashion, though that’s my fun outlet.

Emily- So excited to see another YAer on here!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have toes in a lot of puddles – my main thing is YA fantasy, my bread and butter as it were. Although, I still haven’t gotten that big break. But I’m slowly and steadily building up a rapport with the industries. Now if only they’d pay my bills!

For fun, I like to play around with iambic pentameter verse poetry, and the occasional song for which I must someday learn to write music. I’ve had a poem published in an anthology, and a short story in a reader. Aside from that I just Nano it up with my NaNoWriMo buddies on the Gold Coast – we just started and we go unofficially all year round!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I write novels, novellas, short stories. I write in the areas of LGBT, New Adult, Adult, young adult, BDSM, Romance, Erotica, Erotic Romance, Paranormal, Romance. I’m an acquired taste. I touch on touchy subjects. My first book is going to be re-released this year.

Charles
    Spectator

I have written a Western. Yes, I know. It’s probably a genre not really represented much but I wrote it when I was younger and have always been interested in the “Old West”. 🙂 I have had multiple people tell me that it could easily be created into a series like the Thornbirds (whatever it was – my mother suggested this one hehe) or Dr. Quinn: Medicine Woman.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Membership required to post topics or reply in the forums...

Become Member
Meet asexuals

Asexualitic.com is the first community and dating site for Asexual people. When major dating sites don't recognize our asexuality, we think that asexual people should have a place to meet and talk. Create your Asexualitic.com profile to search and meet other aexuals, or build a platonic relationship.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up