Haphephobia (fear of physical contact)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Kay
    Spectator

Hi people,

I do hope that this group also include people like me who have haphephobia. It is not really the fear of emotional intimacy but the fear of touch. I live in Belgium, and here, it is extremely common to cheek kiss when you meet someone or when you say goodbye. Unfortunately for me I can’t do that, not even to my own family. It has been this way for as long as I remember. Altho I do not think it is the reason why I am asexual, I do think it does play a role in it. After years of practice and facing this phobia of mine, I can have some brief physical contacts. So that s good I guess. I m not sure why I decided to post this here and now but if possible, I would like it if you could give me your thoughts on it (like if you think that s the main reason of my being asexual; I don’t think so because I can’t picture myself having sex so.; or other thoughts)
    I would also be grateful to know that I m not the only one suffering from this phobia. I believe this site (altho a “dating” site) is a place where you can be yourself without anyone judging others so if you are in my case, I would appreciate to get in touch 🙂

Thanks so much for reading me up to here and not judging.

All the best from Belgium.
    Kay

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Membership required to post topics or reply in the forums...

Become Member
Meet asexuals

Asexualitic.com is the first community and dating site for Asexual people. When major dating sites don't recognize our asexuality, we think that asexual people should have a place to meet and talk. Create your Asexualitic.com profile to search and meet other aexuals, or build a platonic relationship.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up