Why is so difficult to connect to others here? Or it's just me?

Asexualitic : Meet Asexuals Forums General discussion Why is so difficult to connect to others here? Or it's just me?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Karl
    Spectator

I feel a bit disappointed as not many people are responding. It seems, that many people just do not even checking the website after the registration. Anytime I found a profile which is nice and I would like to chat, I realise that the person haven’t been active for years. Or some active people whom I write,just simply not responding. Anyone else encountered this too?

Mikael Bancroft
    Spectator

Yah it’s the same way with me to

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dunno, i never even get messages. I always respond though.

Mara Copland
    Spectator

Same. I don’t ever get messages, and I’m usually too anxious to start off a PM anymore. It’s so difficult to find someone in my city.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think it’s a place they think of checking out and then move on but forget to delete.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I feel like we’re all a bit transient here. I just took a stupid long break from this site, but being almost New Years and all just deciding to make more of an effort. It’s hard to make a commitment to being active on here, and also with the profile base of it being relatively small compared to other sites adds a bit of difficulty.

If anyone needs to chat, I have a lot of time on my hands so feel free to shoot a message.

Sammie
    Participant

Same here, I would love to meet someone special, or even to make new ace friends, but seem to get nowhere.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I mean people keep adding me as friend but never say anything, what’s the deal with that?

Linda
    Participant

I think one of the reasons might be how bad this site used to be. I became a member in 2014 and back then I tried being active here (and on Acebook), but there weren’t many people around and the site sucked. Badly. It was slow and cumbersome to navigate, and after a few months I gave up. Moved onto Acebook but gave that up too because no-one was around, and it wasn’t until very recently I started getting notifications about activity on both sites.

Just had a poke around and friended some people to see if anything will happen this time 🙂

Lori C
    Spectator

Hmm, can’t Google “Acebook.” The results only show “Facebook.”

danny
    Participant

It’s a common complaint I’ve been on this site for a number of years and only met one person, however I met a fellow ace last weekend and we got on like a house on fire, will definitely be keeping intouch so there is hope, but I concur it can seem like treading water for a long time.

John P Schindler
    Spectator

I just got inspired here, so I wrote a member who had an interesting profile, we’ll see how it goes.

Sandra
    Participant

Congratulations Danny.

Is that a possible girlfriend, or new male friend?

Sandra

Sandra
    Participant

I have the same problem.

But have more responses on here than ace-book.net

Sandra
    Participant

Hi Lori

You need to type in http://www.ace-book.net

Sandra

Jaygo
    Participant

No, it’s not just you, I find the same thing

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m with the Fox Witch. (And I don’t know what a “fox witch” is exactly, but it sounds awesome.)

I know that social media has warped the word “friend” somewhat, but shouldn’t the definiton still include at least a minimal level of discourse?

Anonymous
    Inactive

to answer your question, a fox witch is a witch accompanied or posessed by a fox spirit. Feelers of truth, often wrongfully gets seen as manipulators of truth. Fox spirits usually chooses humans who are broken beyond repair or close to death.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just signed up. It’s kind of depressing that I’m the only active person in Oklahoma at the moment 😛 but I guess not that surprising.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I try to be active and I agree. Just have to keep searching and connecting I guess. But recently I have become so busy. But if anyone wants to chat with me and become friends I’ll try to keep in touch. 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Membership required to post topics or reply in the forums...

Become Member
Meet asexuals

Asexualitic.com is the first community and dating site for Asexual people. When major dating sites don't recognize our asexuality, we think that asexual people should have a place to meet and talk. Create your Asexualitic.com profile to search and meet other aexuals, or build a platonic relationship.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up