Has anyone ever met anyone on here?

Asexualitic : Meet Asexuals Forums General discussion Has anyone ever met anyone on here?

Viewing 19 posts - 21 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Graham
    Participant

I hadn’t been on here for a few years. I recently updated my profile.
    I am on asexualcupid, but it is so expensive to join. I sent one of those quick messages that say “I like your profile” and got one back.
    I found the same person on here and sent a friend request and a message, and I know they have been seen, but I have been completely ignored. It’s so downhearting.

Graham
    Participant

I hadn’t been on here for a few years. I recently updated my profile.
    I am on asexualcupid, but it is so expensive to join. I sent one of those quick messages that say “I like your profile” and got one back.
    I found the same person on here and sent a friend request and a message, and I know they have been seen, but I have been completely ignored. It’s so downhearting.

Georgy
    Spectator

I am new on here too. Nervous and a bit wary. Glad that some of you have made some friends, and even partners.

Ezzy
    Spectator

I’ve been a member for quite a few months without a friend request or a single message 🤔 I became a full member and have tried to be more active on the site but my expectations haven’t improved.
    I’m pretty much convinced my age is working against me – on the other few asexual sites I joined 80% of the people were under 30 years old so I appreciate I won’t get flooded with notifications.

Peter
    Spectator

Ezzy, have you tried initiating the conversation? or making the friend request?

Ezzy
    Spectator

Hey Peter, that’s such a good point.
    I think as I’ve only tried regular online dating sites I’ve always waited for people to approach me then I felt confident & comfortable in the fact that they ‘liked’ me.
    It genuinely never occurred to me that I could say hello first on here – I guess old habits die hard.

Peter
    Spectator

I tend to get my messages ignored after a while, but I guess it’s all part of the game.

Ezzy
    Spectator

I’m not sure to be honest, I wonder if asexual people tend to be a little more careful or cautious?
    I don’t want to generalise as we’re obviously all very different.
    It’s like the tortoise & the hare.
    On regular dating sites potential mates run at 100 miles an hour; on here its slower than a gentle crawl 🙈 somewhere in between would be wonderful.

DanM86
    Participant

Nope. So far this feels like another let-down, even when I openly send out friend requests reaching out to other Aces in my area. New Orleans is not a hotspot for Aces, although it may be a hotspot for the LGBT community.

Georgy
    Spectator

I do feel more relaxed here than on regular dating sites. But I agree with Ezzy’s words – careful and cautious..guess you never know who’s out there..but it’s all a risk..you’d think London would be a bit more proactive

Sammie
    Participant

I have been on here since the early days and had lots of messages going nowhere. Having mental health and anxiety issues, it seemed that it would always be that way, and using other dating sites was more tedious as it seemed everyone wanted sex.

But alas, I found my partner on here a couple of months ago, after years of searching, and lots of dead ends. Definitely worth the search, and couldn’t be happier.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t think there are very many people actually looking to meet anyone on here. Seems like a lot of fake profiles

Sandra
    Participant

I am looking for a serious relationship and I’ve been here for over 5 years now and I still haven’t met the right asexual guy for me. Many people on here are not proactive enough or not that bothered about a relationship, sadly.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Sandra.
    Thia
    Spectator

I think that most normal relationships are quite sex based. And when you dont have that drive you are able to concentrate on other stuff and be content with life not to have someone necessary in it.

And then to find a person close to you with asexual orientation to even have any kind of relationship is almost 0% so it’s not like we dont wish a partner but to find one close enough and to find a person that is pleasing to your personality and look… But to everyone good look i wish for everyone to find the special one…

rm
    Spectator

Most people on this site are not paying members and they are only lurking. Also ,asexual women have to be careful because there are more ace women probably sharing attention with one ace man

Kate
    Spectator

This guy comes back with a different profile every so often. He’s also on another asexual app and gets hostile if you don’t respond how he wants you to. He usually pretends he’s a cat. Now, I understand he might be on a spectrum so give him the benefit of the doubt and try and let him down lightly.

We all need to be kind in this world, even if we behave in a different way. I usually block him straight away if I know it’s him, he’s not my type.

I’m also currently being harassed by someone on here. I won’t tell you the extent of what he has been up to as he’s probably going to read this, completely terrifying some of his messages and admin are non-existent. He will get a kick out of reading this for sure.

No means no unless you’re called Denis Matiz and from Warwickshire.

Anyone else experienced the same from him?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by Kate.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by Kate.
    Dan
    Participant

I did meet Zaida here, a Guatemalan woman here who was half my age. We grew emotionally very close and fell in love. We overcame all age gap and cultural barriers. We chatted by email, text, phone, and Skype nearly every day for around four years. I finally felt loved, understood, cared for, and validated, and she felt the same from me. We were readying to meet in person in each other’s countries, when unexpectedly, she died of cancer in 2015. That devastated me and I still feel it deeply to this day. I am unable to similarly meet another, either here or on Asexual Cupid. The ace life is frustrating and exceedingly lonely.

• This reply was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by Dan.
    S Anthony
    Participant

I will remain optimistic that there are some interesting and reasonably accessible people on the site. 🙂 We shall see ( i guess)

Giorgos_124
    Participant

Hello!

I have met someone from here, although we ended up talking on Facebook for the first time.

We were on a relationship for a few months and it was really nice.

It is very difficult to find an asexual partner, especially in Greece…

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Membership required to post topics or reply in the forums...

Become Member
Meet asexuals

Asexualitic.com is the first community and dating site for Asexual people. When major dating sites don't recognize our asexuality, we think that asexual people should have a place to meet and talk. Create your Asexualitic.com profile to search and meet other aexuals, or build a platonic relationship.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up