ASEXUAL PERSPECTIVES AWARENESS MONTH 1ST-31ST JULY 2017. JOIN THE FUN!!

Asexualitic : Meet Asexuals Forums General discussion ASEXUAL PERSPECTIVES AWARENESS MONTH 1ST-31ST JULY 2017. JOIN THE FUN!!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Sandra
    Participant

In conjunction with the printed version of my Asexual Perspectives book being published in print, to celebrate our diversity across the asexual spectrum, and our individuality within it – A central core message from the book – I have founded Asexual Perspectives Awareness Month from 1st-31st of July 2017. There will be quotes from the book, fun challenges you will want to get involved in, videos, Facebook Lives, posts and more!! Like Acexualise on FB, and follow me on Twitter, at http://www.twitter.com/asexualise to join in the celebration. (Please use #APAM in your Tweets and social media to join in the celebration.) Also subscribe to to watch a new video every day for 31 days!

I think community is amazing, I have made a lot of friends and I organise asexual meet-ups in my city of Exeter through it – I would not be without it!! However, after being told in a forum thread by a member of the community, that I could not identify as a heteroromantic Grey A – because I did not fit the Grey A definition as they saw it, I felt rejected and singled out by that individual, and other people said in a PM that they had had similar experiences. I thought this can’t be right, we should be celebrating our diversity across the spectrum and our individuality within it, not tearing each other apart – and this is what sparked the idea for my Asexual Perspectives book. I wanted to show just how wonderful our diverse spectrum is and get different points of views from across the spectrum, on love, life and sex, and to also bust through the many myths and stereotypes about asexuality, to give better understanding towards one another. (More recently, I even got told I could not identify as an asexual cougar by someone in my own Asexual Friends http://www.facebook.com/groups/acefriendsrus because they did not like the word cougar!!) I really hope Asexual Perspectives Awareness Month, and this book, can bring us together more as a community!! This is the link to the blog post about it

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Membership required to post topics or reply in the forums...

Become Member
Meet asexuals

Asexualitic.com is the first community and dating site for Asexual people. When major dating sites don't recognize our asexuality, we think that asexual people should have a place to meet and talk. Create your Asexualitic.com profile to search and meet other aexuals, or build a platonic relationship.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up