How'd You Get Into Night Vale?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Caitlin
    Participant

… Or did Night Vale get into you…? Nah, just kidding. (But seriously.)

I saw all the fanart and texts posts on tumblr and became deathly curious as to what the craziness was about. I listened to all the episodes in a matter of weeks and I’ve been hooked since.

What got you into Night Vale?

Dee Barnett
    Participant

Same. I wanted to see what all of the fuss was about, but never had time until a down period in university. I thought I could never get into just listening to a story like that, but I was so, SO wrong. Cecil is what gets me through study breaks.

Andrea
    Participant

I think I got into Welcome to Night Vale by seeing all sorts of screencaps of tweets from the twitter page on my Tumblr dashboard, but when a friend of mine told me about it, saying she listened to them, I think that was when I really got curious. We drove up to a hill at night, and we put on a few episodes on louspeaker in my car as we star-gazed. Yeah, it was use two, in the dark, listening to it in my Car. From that night, I subscribed and have been hooked on it ever since.

Jessica Sutton
    Participant

College friends introduced me to it.

Dani
    Participant

I was inundated by Night Vale fan posts on tumblr for a while, but I didn’t give in until I had an 8 hour journey by car to a con to look forward to. I downloaded all of the episodes that were out at the time (…32, I think?) and listened to them on the road in early winter, mostly at night. It was the perfect atmosphere for it. I ended up listening to episodes often while painting at night too. A year later, I still get the first weather report stuck in my head on a regular basis.

Amy-Kate
    Participant

Like apparently everyone else, I saw all sorts of weird posts on Tumblr and artwork of Cecil who is interpreted visually in so many different ways. I wasn’t really sure exactly what Night Vale was, but I listened to the pilot and was hooked from there.

Jessica
    Participant

I heard about it ages ago but never got past the first 10 episodes. My friend recently reminded me of it. I’ve been working my way to catching up. Almost there!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Membership required to post topics or reply in the forums...

Become Member
Meet asexuals

Asexualitic.com is the first community and dating site for Asexual people. When major dating sites don't recognize our asexuality, we think that asexual people should have a place to meet and talk. Create your Asexualitic.com profile to search and meet other aexuals, or build a platonic relationship.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up