Hi everyone!

• This topic has 20 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Cristina
    Participant

Thanks for joining this group! Hope to keep it somewhat active…share recipes and such =)

Anyone care to share a little bit about yourself for the rest to see???

Well, I’m Cristina, from Portland, Maine. Been a vegetarian for about 10 years, but been struggling to keep a vegan diet for a few years. I think the longest was 6 months. I’ll get there eventually! I am freakishly addicted to pizza and I have 3 pups that I love more than anything.

Your turn! =D

Char
    Participant

I’m Char 😀 19 from Cornwall in the UK c:

I’ve been Vegetarian since I was about 13 and recently went Vegan this April 🙂
    I’m at University studying Digital Animation, I have a Cat and 3 catfish that I adore ;u; But unfortunately am unable to own pets on campus, so they live with my parents :3

Cristina
    Participant

Awww…I wouldn’t be able to keep my babies away from me, I’d have to sneak them in to campus! Too dependent on them to be apart

Natalie Laird
    Participant

Nat, 20 from the East Midlands in the UK!
    I’ve been a vegetarian since I was 11, but my mum’s been a vege since before I was born so I was raised in a household where Quorn replacements were used as often as meat in meals! I’m a rather naughty vegetarian as I still eat gelatin (I do work in a traditional sweet shop though!)… I have so much respect for vegans though. I’m a picky eater so wouldn’t be able to cut everything out!

I’m just working part time helping my mum with the bills right now and have two malamute cross dogs!

Shivani
    Participant

Hi I’m Shivani. I’m 19. I live in Connecticut in the US. I’ve been a vegetarian for 2.5 years. Then I converted to veganism a little over a year ago.

Cristina, have you ever tried Daiya. It’s a brand of soy cheese which is very very delicious. If you ever get your hands on it, you should try making a pizza with it…or nachos. Nachos are good :3

Carol
    Participant

I’ve been a vegetarian since I was 11 – 17 years! Also been struggling to go vegan, never managing for more than 6 months at a time. 🙁

Participant

Hey!
    I’ve been vegetarian (almost vegan) since I was a child, totally vegan for about 4 years, and totally raw vegan for a month. 🙂

And now I’m totally in love with plums, peaches, grapes, cherries, mangoes and kiwifruits. <3

Hello!
    I am Johanna from Sweden. I’m a more recently turned vegetarian,borderline
    vegan for about 2 years ago. A dear vegetarian friend of mine opened
    the tasty world of vegetarian/vegan food.

Cristina
    Participant

Shivani, I love Daiya! My lack of commitment for veganism is flat out due to Laziness… When my work schedule gets so busy that picking up fast food seems to be the best way to eat or I don’t eat at all, I cave. I have no one to blame but myself! I will be actively trying to keep my 99% vegan diet this year to build my strength to being 100%

Nikki
    Participant

Hi. I’m Nikki. I’ve been a vegetarian for about 10-11 years. It’s almost impossible here in Wisconsin to become a vegan (Milk and cheese everywhere!) but I like cheese too much anyway.

Cristina
    Participant

I’ve been on a pie binge here lately, chocolate cream pie, banana cream pie…might try coconut cream pie for the first time next. Ugh….I will start learning how to make vegan versions here soon

Anonymous
    Inactive

Kate, 20, from Toronto, Canada.
    Been vegetarian for 20 years. Not even by force, either. Apparently I would throw away even the tiniest slivers of meat as a child. Weird how things work that way!
    I tried becoming vegan for a few months, but I couldn’t find it in myself to give up dairy or egg products. A little disheartening. 🙁

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey! I’ve been vegetarian for almost 10 years now, vegan for 3. I’m always looking for new recipes and I’d love to hear everyone’s favorites. I also just helped a friend transition to veganism, so if anyone needs any extra support, I’d be happy to help!

Cristina
    Participant

Would any of you vegans be interested in starting up a vegan support group thread?????

Mary
    Participant

Hello! I’ve been a vegetarian for about 10 years now, since I was 13 or so. I’m not sure I could ever be a vegan, because I love cheese and ice cream way too much.

Daniel V.
    Participant

Hi! I’m surprised about the quantity of veg(etari)ans in this site! There are a connection between vegetarianism/veganism and asexuality? Maybe it is beacuse both things are very inusual, alternative, rare or whatelse? Anyway, i’m glad to be here :).

I’m 25 years old. Became vegetarian arround early 2009 and vegan a few months later. Now it is almost my “veggie-aniversary”. The reason that motivated me to this great decission is the love for all animals, without any exception (human included, of course). Now it is the best decission i had in all my life :).

Michelle Elissa
    Participant

Greetings and salutations! ^_^

I’m Michelle, I’m 25, and I am from the US, but I am living in rural Japan at the moment (and hoping to go to graduate school in Europe soon if I can get a scholarship) *fingers crossed*.

I am an Abolitionist Vegan, which means I think gradual welfare reforms will not end cruelty against animals, but only veganism and ceasing to use animals as property will end the harm caused to them (in the same way only abolition of human slavery ends the cruelty and not just “whipping slaves less” or other such measures). I think veganism is not some great feat or only something that special people can do, but indeed what we owe the animals. We have no right to hurt them and anything but veganism hurts them (the dairy, egg, and all industries that use animals are just as cruel as the meat industry), thus veganism is merely a moral baseline. You can read more about it here: http://www.abolitionistapproach.com

Other than that, I am a complete nerd! I love learning, philosophy, being outdoors, and theatre.

Cristina
    Participant

Hi Michelle, thank you for posting info on abolitionist veganism. I’ve never heard of this term, but it’s definitely my mindset on being vegan and making a difference.

I’ve struggled with veganism for many years now…I’m going to go full vegan for the 5th time September 1st. =/

Cristina
    Participant

Wow, we’re at 278 members! Do you think we’d reach 300 by the end of the year??? hehe

Thank you everyone for helping makes this group grow.

If you haven’t participated in the forum, please do! We don’t have to talk about veganism/vegetarianism. Feel free to talk about your favorite shows or music!

Incognito
    Participant

Nice to encounter a fellow abolitionist here, Michelle! You did define well what abolitionist means.
    I have been a vegan for eleven years, perhaps the best decision I have made.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Membership required to post topics or reply in the forums...

Become Member
Meet asexuals

Asexualitic.com is the first community and dating site for Asexual people. When major dating sites don't recognize our asexuality, we think that asexual people should have a place to meet and talk. Create your Asexualitic.com profile to search and meet other aexuals, or build a platonic relationship.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up