What's your favorite; character(s), episode(s), and season?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Nikki
    Participant

What are your favorites?

Sammie
    Participant

Character(s): Dr McCoy, Dr Bashir, Data, Worf, Spock.
    Episode(s): Balance of Terror (TOS); Best of Both Worlds, Darmok, Inner Light, and Lower Decks (TNG)

How about yourself?

Nikki
    Participant

You have good taste. 🙂

Dr McCoy is my absolute favorite character. Spock is second. I also like Picard, Dr. Crusher, Uhura, and Geordy. Worf and Data are both cool too though not my favorites I still like them. I haven’t seen enough of Dr. Bashir – is that doctor in Enterprise?

Inner Light is a good one. My favorites are The Empath, Requiem for Methuselah, City on the Edge of Forever, and Plato’s Stepchildren.

Sammie
    Participant

Haha, thank you. I try 🙂

Dr Bashir is from DS9. I’m not really a fan of Enterprise as it took canon Star Trek history, and smashed it to a billion pieces, lol. I tend to consider it an alternate universe in the Star Trek Continuum.

I’m also quite a fan of Riker, I think it would have been good to have done a film perhaps, with him on his first mission as captain of the USS Titan.

I like Data because I identify with him a lot due to a personality disorder. Despite years of trying to “fit in” with Humans, I am farther from doing so than Data was half the time.

Worf always stuck to his principles no matter what, even in the face of losing his families titles and lands, he refused to betray those who had entrusted him. And again, he was an outsider trying to fit in, and often finding it extremely difficult.

All those episodes were also good ones.

I take it you are more a fan of TOS?

acegeek
    Participant

Hellos 🙂

I could never quite get into TOS, so I haven’t watched all of the episodes. I just recently finished re-watching all of Voyager, I’m currently re-watching DS9, and plan to finish off Enterprise as I quit midway through it’s original run. TNG I’ve watched through many times, but I might re-watch that again too 😀

Favorite characters–
    TOS: Spock and Bones (I want to say Sulu cause I love George Takei, but I honestly know little of Sulu as a character)

TNG: Picard, Data, Riker, Troi

VOY: Janeway, Tuvok, Neelix, Kim, Seven

DS9: Kira, O’Brian, others to be determined as I watch more

ENT: TBD

Myia
    Participant

My favourite characters are Jim Kirk, Spock, or Worf.
    My favourite episode is TOS S01 The Naked Time.
    I also enjoy the movie “The Journey Home” because of Checkov’s line: “I am looking for ze nuclear wessels.”

Anonymous
    Inactive

My favorite characters from all the series so far (grew up on Voyager, just finishing up TNG, just starting DS9, watched a few from Enterprise but probably won’t watch anymore): Seven, Janeway, Torres, Guinan.

Also characters I’ve enjoyed: Data, Warf, the Doctor, Tuvok, Harry, Picard

Agree with Steve about Data. You didn’t mention anything about Voyager so I’m not sure if you’ve seen it, but Seven of Nine is my favorite character for the same reason you like Data. You should check her out! Alas, she doesn’t arrive until the 4th season…and you have to put up with Kess until then…

Myia
    Participant

Voyager is my least favourite of the Star Treks, but as a kid I always liked Neelix. And of course, Seven of Nine was fabulous.

Sam
    Participant

I don’t really have a favorite episode/episodes, but here are my favorite characters by show,

TOS; Doctor L McCoy
    Next Gen; Data
    DS9; Doctor J Bashir
    Voyager; 7 of 9
    New Movies; Scotty or Chekov

Sammie
    Participant

Aye, I have caught some of Voyager but not all. Eventually I want to get all the series on Boxset DVD. I had all of TNG but they were lost in an accident.

I’ve recently seen some of Voyager mostly from Scorpion onwards, so from the introduction of Seven of Nine (because my friend likes the Borg story arc).

I’ve not seen a great deal of TOS.

I really like Picard. I don’t like the overly “bureaucratic” style of TNG, where they have to have a conference every time something happens. But Picard was a great captain, with passionate speeches, and willing to do what was necessary. That, and I like Patrick Stuart as both an actor and as a Human being.

Anonymous
    Inactive

My favourite character is TNG Jean-Luc Picard, and that’s not because we are both beautifully bald, but the strength and conviction he gives each story. I saw Patrick Stuart in an Ibsen play in Guildford many years ago and he certainly filled the whole building with his presence.

TNG season 3 is my favourite with the impressive script of “Yesterday’s Enterprise”. For some reason I’ve been very fond of the time travelling episodes of all Star Trek seasons.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Spock and Bones. I’m a TOS junkie, but in the new movies sassy Spock is so my favorite person ever.

I really want to say something about Wesley Crusher. He annoys me, but it’s little Wil Wheaton and his current work is quite spectacular. Same with George Takei.

I was raised in a time when TNG did not yet exist. So my core values are very TOS originated. TNG is nice, Voyager is right OUT 🙁 The minute they failed to do their research on Native American Spirit Guides destroyed the show’s credibility to me and I have not watched another episode. Also, it took the original Trek ideal of people having religious devotion and practice individually and being able to function kindly and on a friendly basis regardless of that fact; and forced one crew-member’s spirituality on the ENTIRE SHIP. NOPE NOPE NOPE. DS9 was pretty good as a soap opera based in the Trek Universe. Enterprise was kinda fun, but I have to admit I didn’t pay close attention (I’m not a tv person in general). The alternate universe new ones are kinda cool, but I prefer the old stuff to stay old stuff and not constantly reinvent the same thing over and over and over. Also, can we get back to cutting edge stories that actually challenge society’s status quo? That was Roddenberry’s point with TOS. Thank you all for listening. I am stepping off the soapbox now. 😀

Nikki
    Participant

I agree with you on the reboot movies how we should get back to challenging the status quo instead of reinventing old stuff, that is one of the issues I have with the new movies.

Lori C
    Spectator

Don’t have a favorite season, but anytime two, or three, of the trifecta (Kirk, Sock, McCoy) were together in a scene.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Membership required to post topics or reply in the forums...

Become Member
Meet asexuals

Asexualitic.com is the first community and dating site for Asexual people. When major dating sites don't recognize our asexuality, we think that asexual people should have a place to meet and talk. Create your Asexualitic.com profile to search and meet other aexuals, or build a platonic relationship.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up