Favorite animes/ mangas?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Nikki
    Participant

Any favorites? Why do you like them?

Izzy
    Participant

I am completely in love with Kaori Yuki’s manga. Godchild, Angel Sanctuary, and Grand Guignol Orchestra, because I love her art and how intense the story lines are. But I also like fun action manga like Soul Eater, Yu Yu Hakusho, and D Gray man. Really characters are what draw me into a series.

Nikki
    Participant

Angel Sanctuary and Yu Yu Hakusho are ones that I like too. Some of the others I haven’t read. I am personally more into shojos. I agree though, good characters are a big factor for me too.

Karo
    Participant

I love Black Butler and Soul Eater–still need to catch up on the mangas for both of them, but I love the art in Black Butler and the action in Soul Eater. Gintama’s another good one if you don’t mind rude humor. Also thinking of getting into Sword Art Online, it looks like fun 😀

robyn
    Participant

I have many but my most recent is that I re-watched Tiger & Bunny, however I watched in English. It was actually really good. I’m impressed xD

Yu yu hakasho, the walllflower, detective conan, no game no life, sailor moon, Inuyasha, soul eater, lucky star, ghost in the shell, serial experiments lain, watamote etc 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yu Yu Hakusho! Everyone knows Yu Yu Hakusho where I’m from since it got broadcast on national TV as Ghost Fighter. (Hiei is my favorite character. I have a favorite episode but I don’t know how to do a spoilers tag XD)
    One Piece because I’m just at awe with the things that Eichiro Oda comes up with. And of course Studio Ghibli, if that counts (My favorites are Howl’s Moving Castle and the pre-Ghibli? Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind)

For manga I really enjoyed the works of Hiroaki Samura (Blade of the Immortal) and Junji Ito (Uzumaki, Gyo…have yet to read Tomie). I also read a lot of shoujo manga but only Basara comes to mind at the moment.

Haven’t read or watched any recently so I’ll watch for recommends on this thread! (Sorry for the necro. Also, I like parentheses.) 😀

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yay, anime fans! These are some of my favorite animes. For starters, everything from Studio Ghibli are a must watch. Personally Spiriited Away will always have a special place in my heart.

Zankyou no Terror is an anime I would consider the best of the year. The plot, the animation, and ,my god, the soundtrack. It’s all gold. It centers on two teenage boys who are terrorists. However they have no plans on killing anyone. It’s wrapped in mystery and makes you question whether their actions are justified or not. What is right, what is wrong? There is a lot of deep psychological thinking involved, so if you’re okay with it. Give it a shot ^^

I also really like Saiunkoku Monogatari. There are a lot bishies however the protagonist, Shuurei, is a very strong, smart, and dedicated young lady. She strives to become a court official and unlike other animes where the girl ends up falling in love with the man and that’s it. No more dreams of being anything greater than a housewife. Shuurei is quite the opposite. She is very inspirational character.

I know this getting a bit long so these are just a few more (movies) that do have nice animations, plots & soundtracks:
    Death Billiards, Colorful, Hal, Nerawareta Gakuen, Wolf Children: Ame & Yuki, Saint Onii-san, Sakasama no Patema & Tokyo Godfathers.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Soul Eater, Black Butler, Deadman Wonderland (got discontinued, sadly), Psycho-Pass, Nabari No Ou, and Baccano! They are my all-time favorites 🙂

Karo
    Participant

Kuragehime anyone? Princess Jellyfish rocks!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ahh!! I agree, Kuragehime rocks!! <3
    I guess the Amars are aces? I love the art style of this manga as well!

Nelly I will check out the titles you mentioned (I will look for the manga version). Sounds interesting. I should really watch Wolf Children as it’s been mentioned a few times to me already. 😀

Karo
    Participant

LOL that’s a great point!!! I think Tsukimi’s really just nervous and awkward, but I can definitely see Banba and Chieko as ace–all of them, really, except maybe Tsukimi.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Membership required to post topics or reply in the forums...

Become Member
Meet asexuals

Asexualitic.com is the first community and dating site for Asexual people. When major dating sites don't recognize our asexuality, we think that asexual people should have a place to meet and talk. Create your Asexualitic.com profile to search and meet other aexuals, or build a platonic relationship.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up