Any horror fans out there?

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Of anything and everything ranging from Mary Shelley and Bram Stoker to Joe Hill and Grady Hendrix?

Anonymous
    Inactive

It really does depend. I’m more the gothic type (Frankenstein, Dracula, Phantom of the Opera), but I did also just read Jeff VanderMeer’s Annihilation in preparation for the movie. Wonderful read, though a bit short.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I saw Annihilation. I went into it knowing zero about it, but despite some intriguing concepts, I was pretty disappointed. I know the book usually gets high praise, so I’ll probably get around to reading it one of these days to see if it fleshes things out any. I think it’s a trilogy, no?

I’ve been negligent on the classics front. Stephen King was my favorite for years and years, but he’s fallen from his pedestal for me in recent years and now I can’t really say I have one.

Maybe Joe Hill. Heart-Shaped Box was excellent and NOS4A2 despite its faults was a really good read.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, it is a trilogy. And the movie is almost completely different from the book, so if you didn’t like the movie, that’s not a guarantee you won’t like the book.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Most movies made from books differ radically from their source material. That’s usually not a good thing.

In this case though…

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Membership required to post topics or reply in the forums...

Become Member
Meet asexuals

Asexualitic.com is the first community and dating site for Asexual people. When major dating sites don't recognize our asexuality, we think that asexual people should have a place to meet and talk. Create your Asexualitic.com profile to search and meet other aexuals, or build a platonic relationship.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up