Introduce yourself here!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Key
    Participant

Here you can introduce yourself! Feel free to show off any pics of your steampunk works or your favs by other people.

Wally
    Participant

I know he doesn’t fall under the shiny and gritty world of steampunk, but Hayao Miyazaki does have an eye for detail when it comes to translating the genre into his own animated world.
    His work is just jaw dropping in most of his films from the last 20 years 🙂

Key
    Participant

I definitely agree with you! He translates the genre into his works wonderfully. Miyazaki’s work is definitely stunning; I can’t think of a movie of his I haven’t enjoyed thus far. One of my particular favorites is Howl’s Moving Castle, which definitely has a steampunk vibe to it. I mean, just look at that castle of his!

Carrie
    Spectator

Hi everyone. I just recently became interested in steampunk even though I am an older lady. I have been reading tons of novels and non-fiction like crazy. I haven’t seen any movies so I will watch the ones you have suggested.

Key
    Participant

Hey, Carrie! Isn’t steampunk lovely? Definitely give those movies a try. One of his more obvious steampunk-related works is “Steamboy.” Enjoy!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey everyone, just going to try to get things back up again. I have been steampunking–is that even a word?–for I think over three years. I have multiple character personas that I like to dress up from a royal princess to a mercenary to a boy apprentice! It’s really amazing and such a creative hobby to do. Sad part is that I am the only one in my friend group that does this kind of thing so that part can be lonely sometimes, anyone agree?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Forgot to check the notify me box!

michelle
    Spectator

I am really new to steampunk, I did not even realize that is was a book Genre, or that studio Ghibli could fall under this category. this only makes me love steampunk more. manly I love the look of steampunk, from the costumes to the gadgets, to the pure art, I just love how you can see the internal workings 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Membership required to post topics or reply in the forums...

Become Member
Meet asexuals

Asexualitic.com is the first community and dating site for Asexual people. When major dating sites don't recognize our asexuality, we think that asexual people should have a place to meet and talk. Create your Asexualitic.com profile to search and meet other aexuals, or build a platonic relationship.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up