Hi! Training my own service animal 🙂 Huskey! Tips?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Elizabeth Sharp
    Spectator

I have a Siberean Huskey. Its my first time raising a puppy. Esp one to be my personal service animal. I have epilepsy, so I am raising my dog “blue” to be here for me in case of seizures and other terrible things that happen to me on a regular basis.

Siberian Huskies can be a handful. Does anyone have any tips in general about raising a puppy, I am clueless! Even on the basics, like chewing furiniture, potty training, whine’ing, and then Step two is going towards learning to help me in sticky situations, lots of obedience training. Its hard to be strict and stern when they are your baby! lol

I can use all your support!!

new in town
    Spectator

Hi Elizabeth,
    I had for a long time a chasing dog, but I’m not ready yet to adopt a new one. I’m helping a friend training her dog who is 2 years old and didn’t had puppy training. I suggest puppy training. IT is fun to do and you can learn lots of things. If you can’t do that I suggest you have to repeat every command a lot and give hin a treat. A treat can aslo be hand on his head or a cuddle. But when training him to do things for you, trats help. Basically you have to be patient, talk with a calm voice and repeat a lot. Good luck

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Elizabeth,
    I too am looking to train a service/ assistant dog for. Am adopting a youngish heeler.

Have been searching for a service that helps with training but am also happy to do most myself.

With past puppies, dogs I’ve found asking/saying toilet as soon you get up, after meals, and throughout the day when you see signs they need to. Soon they’ll let you know, and sometimes wake you up pawing you or vocal sounds. (Not all are quick to catch on, I think I was lucky to have smart dogs). Crate training can help also as they won’t go were they sleep.

As with furniture, I haven’t had any that did that so not so much experienced.

Good luck

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Membership required to post topics or reply in the forums...

Become Member
Meet asexuals

Asexualitic.com is the first community and dating site for Asexual people. When major dating sites don't recognize our asexuality, we think that asexual people should have a place to meet and talk. Create your Asexualitic.com profile to search and meet other aexuals, or build a platonic relationship.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up