Aromantic Alley

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Von
    Participant

For me, asexuality has never been an issue. I have always been comfortable (even prideful) of having no sexual desire for other people. When I discovered that what I was had a name (and wasn’t just some singular genetic quirk), I went looking for other people like me. I wanted to feel that ‘one of us’ sensation, where everyone is on the same level. I didn’t want to be the odd one out, in at least one location.

Instead, I found what seemed to be a small sea of people just like the ones at home. Just as obsessed with finding a partner, just as fixated on love, just as needy for someone beyond themselves. And hey – nothin’ wrong with that! But this here is a space for those people who feel a bit uncomfortable, or baffled, or even condescending with romantic yearning in general.

Maybe nobody will need to post here. 🙂 But, maybe there are other people who’d like some new friends who are asexual so they’re not ‘until I get married’ friends and who are aromantic so this won’t turn into a ‘prospective partners’ forum. If so, they can come here to whinge about all those darn romantic types 😉 or just make some like-minded friends.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Membership required to post topics or reply in the forums...

Become Member
Meet asexuals

Asexualitic.com is the first community and dating site for Asexual people. When major dating sites don't recognize our asexuality, we think that asexual people should have a place to meet and talk. Create your Asexualitic.com profile to search and meet other aexuals, or build a platonic relationship.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up