Ever notice how much the story of House mimics Sherlock?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sketch
    Participant

In the original story of Sherlock Holmes, the main character has some pretty specific qualities. The most obvious of which is his eye for details. He is fairly eccentric, antisocial, and he doesn’t have much empathy for others, but he’s obsessed with doing his job of solving mysteries. Sherlock is also a heavy Opium user.

Now take House. Eye for detail, eccentric, antisocial, unsympathetic, obsessed with solving medical mysteries, addicted to pain killers(specifically opiates)

The other thing is in the names of the main characters and the best friend of the main character in both series: House=Holmes + Watson=Wilson

Too many coincidences here if you ask me.

• This topic was modified 9 years, 8 months ago by Sketch.
    Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s because House and Wilson are based on Holmes and Watson, not coincidence, it was on purpose

Sketch
    Participant

Is Cuddy supposed be be someone from the original Story also?

Elizabeth Sharp
    Spectator

I love House, I even got the book “philosophy of house” hm, that doesn’t sound right but I did become a fan of Hugh Lourie (even his music) as a result which in turn led me to Sherlock Holmes (long story) but yes, HOUSE?Sherlock Holmes is also based on many things on purpose. I also became a fan of Benedict Cumberbach through the show (House, M.D.)…recently and was pleasantly surprised by all the characters he (Benedict) has played in movies that I loved and I never even noticed! lol!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Membership required to post topics or reply in the forums...

Become Member
Meet asexuals

Asexualitic.com is the first community and dating site for Asexual people. When major dating sites don't recognize our asexuality, we think that asexual people should have a place to meet and talk. Create your Asexualitic.com profile to search and meet other aexuals, or build a platonic relationship.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up