Demisexual or just shy?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Christine
    Spectator

Hi, I’m new to allowing myself to be open about being asexual, and I’ve been struggling a lot with my identity. A term that I see coming up a lot is demisexual, which I think might be describing me? But I worry. I don’t feel sexually attracted to people, and I can’t imagine being comfortable having sex/being intimate with people unless I’ve known them for a really long time and am very close, even then I’m not sure if I would be able to do it. Does that mean I’m demisexual, or am I just picky?

Chiara
    Spectator

Hi! I was in the same situation as you are! For my entire life I’ve thought that I’m extremely picky with guys, or maybe just shy and afraid of being intimate..Now I believe I’m demisexual. For me sex is just another way to express my feelings for the other person, so it’s just pointless for me doing it with someone I don’t have feelings for. And even if I do develop feelings for a person, I may want to express it in another way rather than sex. That’s how I explained it to myself..

“demisexual” is a label, just like “shy” or “picky”, the difference is that the last ones imply that there is something wrong with me, while the first one makes me feel confortable with myself… and in the end, it’s all that matters 🙂

I hope it helped! Sorry for my english..
    Best wishes :*

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Membership required to post topics or reply in the forums...

Become Member
Meet asexuals

Asexualitic.com is the first community and dating site for Asexual people. When major dating sites don't recognize our asexuality, we think that asexual people should have a place to meet and talk. Create your Asexualitic.com profile to search and meet other aexuals, or build a platonic relationship.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up