Thoughts on season 9?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Amelia
    Participant

I thought I’d start a forum post so we could chat if we want. So here’s an easy question: How do you like season 9 so far? (Sorry if you live in a country where you are behind!)

Kate Praise Parker
    Participant

First, OMG THIS GROUP IS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS SEARCHING FOR!! Ok! Now that’s done, I actually really love season 9 so far, but it is rather lacking in Castiel appearances! lol

acegeek
    Participant

I agree with Kate; NEEDS MOAR CAS!!

But, overall, I don’t totally hate this season. I like that there are more cases for the boys that aren’t just fallen angel vs. demon and heaven vs. hell crap. I know that’s the underlying storyline, but I enjoy the episodes where it’s just the boys hunting things. The family business. I miss that.

Amelia
    Participant

It definitely needs more Cas, I miss him terribly. However, the promo for the next episode looks promising.

But yeah I think it’s been a pretty good season. I’m interested to see how the Mark of Cain and fallen angel stuff comes to a head at the end and which story line kinda pushes through into the next. And I think the monster of the week episodes have actually been pretty inventive this season. I don’t think we’ve had any normal monsters. So that’s been cool. It’s not my favorite season but it’s not the worst either.

I’m glad you guys are liking it and thanks for commenting on the post. Also Kate, I love your icon.

Do I dare ask about who ships who or is that too controversial? I wouldn’t want to start anything but that can sometimes be a fun conversation.

Kate Praise Parker
    Participant

Haha thanks Amelia! You may indeed dare to ask who ships who here! The thing I was most desperate to find in joining an asexual site and a SPN group within it, is people who ship WITHOUT all that horrible smut! I mean my god. So. Much. Destiel. Smut. I mean Chuck dammit! Why can’t we just enjoy the cuteness of our shipped couples, with a tiny bit of fluff, without having it utterly ruined like that?!

That being said, my chosen shipping is Sastiel! πŸ˜€ I’ve never been able to bring myself to ship Destiel. Yeah I’m fully aware of how cannon this ship has become, owing to the painfully suggestive moments in the show. But seriously, weigh those moments up with how many soul-destroying moments we’ve witnessed between these two! Dean can be unimaginably cruel to Cas, and a lot of the time when Cas is at his most vulnerable.(07×23-“Survival of the Fittest”) “Nobody cares that you’re broken, Cas!”. Now I don’t care how pissed off you are at someone, or how much of a grudge you hold against them, if you truly love them you’re supposed to be there for them when they need you! You do NOT fucking BLAME them for their mistakes and remind them how much they screwed up! X(

But Sastiel? Let me tell you why I love this ship so much!…Right from the beginning, Sam had only the most sincere respect for Castiel. His immediate action upon meeting Cas for the first time, was to offer a handshake, and tell him how much of an honour it is to meet him! Yes it’s true at the beginning their relationship is rather one-sided, but this is why Sam deserves Cas’ love all the more! He never expected anything back from Cas, he was perfectly happy showing love and loyalty to the angel without much reciprocation. It meant a lot to Sam to show Cas that he meant something to him, no matter what came along. Perhaps most importantly of all in this ship, is the FORGIVENESS that Sam has always offered Castiel. Castiel has definitely made his share of mistakes and bad decisions over time. As is clear in the show, Dean doesn’t seem to be able to look past these; it’s as if he expects too much from Castiel- expects him to be something he’s not, and when he doesn’t come through, Dean just can’t accept it, and blames him. Sam on the other hand never seems to hold Castiel’s actions against him, and always offers support when Dean’s judgement rears it’s ugly head. It has never occurred to Sam to act any other way towards Cas, because in Sam’s mind, it’s what you’re supposed to do for true friends. Sam has always considered Cas a true friend. Castiel- who’s heart is so heavily burdened by the memories of his mistakes that he can’t bare to face himself, needs that honest forgiveness which Sam has always offered him. Sam knows Cas would never do anything unless he thought it was the right thing to do, and he understands that Cas only ever has good intentions. Castiel NEEDS this compassion. Sastiel works because of the beautiful mutual understanding that exists between Sam and Castiel, and the journey they’ve taken to reach this point. They’ve both learnt so much from each other, gone from practically enemies to best friends, and developed ever further as characters by a shared realisation that without each other, they would have been lost long ago!

*Aaaaand breath in, and out…* Phew! Um…sorry about that! Fuck that was long… lol Anyways, what about you guys? πŸ˜‰

acegeek
    Participant

I’m the oddball out when it comes to ships in this series. I don’t really have any between the boys. I see Cas, Dean, and Sam all as brothers with Cas being the naive youngest brother, even though he’s technically older than everyone.

I want Dean to be back with Lisa and Ben. They were good for him.

Dean: “I have no illusions. I know the life that I live. I know how it’s going to end for me. Whatever. I’m okay with that. But I wanted you to know, that when I do picture myself happy, it’s with you. And the kid.”

How could you not want that!? Waaah!

Amelia
    Participant

I WANT DEAN TO HAVE A KID AND A FAMILY SO BAD UGH HE WOULD BE SUCH A GOOD DAD. I just want them all to be happy. I really do. They have done enough. I want them to settle down in the bunker, and not have every member of their little family end up dead.

And while I am definitely in the camp that thinks you could make a good case for Cas being something that makes Dean happy and vice versa, I really truly just want them to be happy in any way that they can find. I have too many feelings about all of them.

And I love Cas to death, I constantly just want to pet his hair and tell him everything’s gonna be okay, he’s doing the best he can, and he’s great. Yeah.

acegeek
    Participant

I want to see them happy too. I’d love if the show ended with Hell closed, Heaven restored. Sam and Dean able to stop being hunters and find happiness in their personal lives. Cas gets his wings back and is allowed to visit the boys whenever and god is back in heaven and keeping the angels in check. And Bobby gets to come back to life!

Might be a bit much to ask though lol.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Membership required to post topics or reply in the forums...

Become Member
Meet asexuals

Asexualitic.com is the first community and dating site for Asexual people. When major dating sites don't recognize our asexuality, we think that asexual people should have a place to meet and talk. Create your Asexualitic.com profile to search and meet other aexuals, or build a platonic relationship.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

Γ—

Γ—
FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?
Γ—

Go up