First anime you ever watched?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Mine was Project A-ko. 1992. I was in love!

Anonymous
    Inactive

My first anime was Speed Racer in the early 90s. For some reason it came on MTV, so that was the only time my mom let us watch the channel.

Jessica
    Spectator

So im not really sure if it was my first but S-Cry-ed was what really got me into anime if you havent seen it you should check it out

Anonymous
    Inactive

Bleach

joylilly
    Spectator

My neighbor Totoro. My uncle married a Japanese lady and she put it on. It was in Japanese, which I don’t speak. I was about 14 maybe? I watched it anyway because I found it so enchanting and then the cat bus! Oh wow I was so excited!. Started watching anime as soon as I could get a video store membership 🙂

Sara
    Spectator

Mine was Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel monsters <3

Wren
    Spectator

Sailor Moon! I loved watching it on Toonami. The little art segments they’d run during the commercials was the whole reason I started drawing! I wanted to be picked.

Janine
    Participant

Claymore! I think I started with a winner. I’ve loved anime and manga ever since. 🙂

Rafael
    Spectator

I had two big “anime phases” in my life:

The first was between the ages of 4 to 14, it began with Saint Seya and ended with shows like Inuyasha and Hellsing.

Then when I was 22 I decided to watch all the top 250 movies on the IMDB and I stumbled on Miyazaki’s films, first Spirited Away then Princess Mononoke and I was so impressed by their quality that I decided to dive into this amazing world again.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sailor Moon

Dom
    Spectator

Death Note – Haha I know it seems like a strange one to have watched first

Felicity
    Spectator

Death Note was also my first one.

Dom
    Spectator

Ah nice!

Jessica
    Participant

Sailor Moon was mine

Corrine
    Spectator

For me it would be Sailor Moon, Pokemon, Dragonball Z and Digimon they used to be on back to back after school.

Gabrielle Jones
    Spectator

I think the first anime I ever watched was Pokemon, followed by Yu-Gi-Oh, Digimon and Sailor Moon. But I’ve always considered Cardcapture Sakura as my gateway anime.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sailor moon and pokemon. Years later Angel beats and deathnote

DanM86
    Participant

First anime would be Little Nemo: Adventures in Slumberland although it had both American and Japanese animators in production. After that would be Pokémon back in the late 90s.

Abbi
    Spectator

i watched pokemon and some ghibli films as a kid, then intentionally got into anime through parasyte (i kept seeing memes of it on facebook and wanted to know what it was about!)

Daniel V.
    Participant

Like many 90s kids I grew up watching Dragon Ball and that was one of the greatest influences I ever had in my life. Goku truly inspired me to be a better person and doing what I consider right and this and that.

Many people probably see this kind of animes as “just a nonsensical, violent show with a bunch of overpowerered guys exchanging hits and energy balls”, and while that’s not totally inaccurate I just kept with the good side, which I think is much bigger than the bad side.

In recent decade I also started watching One Piece and, although I arrived late to “the hype” and I watched it just for curiosity, I soon got to love it, in some ways even more than DBZ. Once again I’m aware of the many issues of this kind of animes (I especially have a hard time dealing with the oversexualized female characters and mysoginist stuff) but the good side of these is so big… I guess I can simply forgive that.

Also watched other animes in the middle ranging from similar “shonens” like Bleach and Full Metal Alchemist to “more adult-oriented” stuff like Death Note and Monster. Although very old (much older than me, actually) also watched Mazinger Z and derivated spin-offs like Great Mazinger and Grendizer and I had a good time with these. Grendizer is one that keeps resonating often in my mind because my toxic relationship with technology in recent decade after this cyber-world being my passion for so many years, similar to how Dr. Umon had his passion for astronomy crushed by war. But these are topics that goes beyond anime anyways.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Membership required to post topics or reply in the forums...

Become Member
Meet asexuals

Asexualitic.com is the first community and dating site for Asexual people. When major dating sites don't recognize our asexuality, we think that asexual people should have a place to meet and talk. Create your Asexualitic.com profile to search and meet other aexuals, or build a platonic relationship.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up