Can we talk?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jenny
    Spectator

A little about me: I’m 47 and live in Arizona. I was raised Catholic, then lived with a Baptist family who were determined to “save” me. These days, I will share the fact that I’m an atheist in some situations, but I generally just keep it to myself.

I noticed there are a fair number of people who, like me, just joined, but the only posts are around 3 years old. I thought it would be nice to get some conversations going. I mean, that’s why we’re here, right?

Don’t be shy. Introduce yourself. I’d really like to meet you. 🙂

Niki
    Spectator

Hi~ I’m glad you made this (even though I just found this site and joined today), because a lot of the forums do seem rather old…

So, a little about me. I’m 28 and live in Georgia. Despite growing up in a very religious area (or well, semi-religious, maybe? I don’t know how religious they were), I barely even knew much about religion growing up. My parents are atheists, too, and didn’t ever mention religion. It wasn’t until I was in high school that I started to realize that everyone around me in school was religious. My coworkers now, though, are probably about half atheist, or at least not very religious, so I haven’t had to worry much about it. If anything, sometimes I’ll get someone who doesn’t understand why I’m atheist and will ask me, but we have a civil discussion about it. 😀

So that’s me, anyway; it’s very nice to meet you, too!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m all for anything that tries to make this place an actual community. I’ve only been here a month, but it’s clear that it’s really not.

I was raised Methodist and I don’t know if I would now identify as an atheist as I do believe there is a higher force than us and we are not alone in the universe but it’s hard for me to reconcile all of the horrible, vile, awful things that happen in the world with an all-loving Father who cares for us all just looking on and not… well, doing something.

I know, it’s a trite argument, but it occurred to me again this weekend when I saw Chappaquiddick (probably no way I spelled that right.) A known murderer spent thirty years of luxury in the Senate and an idealistic young woman was dead.

Things like that just don’t compute.

Dara
    Spectator

I was raised as a Jehovah’s witness which I left by writing a letter disassociating myself with that cult.

Atheism makes sense to me, where religion never did.

I over debating theists and very religious folk, because before I was 17 I had read the bible 3 times in strict detail with the congregation.

I am eager to talk atheists that are Aces. I look forward to more posts here. 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Membership required to post topics or reply in the forums...

Become Member
Meet asexuals

Asexualitic.com is the first community and dating site for Asexual people. When major dating sites don't recognize our asexuality, we think that asexual people should have a place to meet and talk. Create your Asexualitic.com profile to search and meet other aexuals, or build a platonic relationship.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up