Youtuber makes fun of Asexuality

Asexualitic : Meet Asexuals Forums General discussion Youtuber makes fun of Asexuality

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sarah Thompson
    Spectator

I’ve been following this girl on Youtube for a long time and I really admired her. Until she made a video bashing asexuality and making fun of it because it’s something added on the end of LGBT. I didn’t know where else to go to deal with the feelings that video gave me, because we have enough time dealing with it ourselves, we don’t need her, or any of her comment section making us feel like we are crazy.

That was not how I wanted to wake up and start my day. At. All.

Anonymous
    Inactive

What kind of other videos does she make? fashion or music, what qualifies her as an expert? I watched a documentary about asexuality once and Dan Savage was dissing aces saying things like “what makes them special, because they “don’t” have sex?”. I get what they are saying but it’s way more than just physical sex; it’s having relationships and feeling comfortable in your own skin.

Sarah Thompson
    Spectator

She’s like a news and talk back YouTuber. She’ll post a video and commentate on it. The video she made was about how all types of sexualities should be explained to kids. Her opening line was “What…I know what LGBT is…Now there’s a Q…I…A? What the hell?” It’s dissappointing because I really liked her and now I can’t even really look at her without getting frustrated. On top of that, it made me feel so shitty as a person, because all her comments were agreeing with her. No one seems to understand why this upsets me so much. I’m uncomfortable in my own skin enough, I don’t need people making fun of the reason that’s the case, you know?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yup, I totally understand all of that! My brother identifies as pansexual and has the same issues, the “that’s not a real thing” dispute. It is what it is, doesn’t matter to anyone else who you’re having, or not having, sex with!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Membership required to post topics or reply in the forums...

Become Member
Meet asexuals

Asexualitic.com is the first community and dating site for Asexual people. When major dating sites don't recognize our asexuality, we think that asexual people should have a place to meet and talk. Create your Asexualitic.com profile to search and meet other aexuals, or build a platonic relationship.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up