What titles are you reading?

Asexualitic : Meet Asexuals Forums Group Forums Comics and Things What titles are you reading?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I just wanted to see if there was anyone out there reading comics in the hopes that I can find someone to chat with. I mostly pick up DC titles monthly, but that is mostly because I have limited comic funds.

Here’s my list:
    Nightwing
    Batwoman
    Aquaman
    JL
    JLA
    Forever Evil
    Birds of Prey
    Batman (Dropped it three months ago, its was depressing with Damian dead and the whole revenge thing, but picking it up again issue #25 for Zero year because DC has conditioned me into getting excited about events even though subconsciously I know it will be terribly disappointing *cough* Trinity War *cough* )
    Batman and etc (Dropped it after #23 and might pick it back up again)
    Superbia (but I get that in Trade)

PLEASE OH PLEASE I hope there is a Nightwing fan out there and someone reading Forever evil, because things are getting crazy and i really want to discuss!

Semok
    Participant

Unfortunately, I am more of a Marvel fan, especially when it comes to Iron Man and X-Men. Other than that, I’ve been reading a lot of Crossed, which is quite an acquired taste.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m a big wuss when it comes to horror or, more specifically, anything that resembles a zombie, so I’ve never read Crossed, though I’ve heard great things and bad things about it from other people.

I don’t even know where to start with Marvel comics, so I don’t bother picking them up (except I do get Hawkeye in trade). My fear is that Marvel is like DC in the way that certain titles reference each other(i.e Bat family books, except for Batwoman and Batwing) so you can’t just get one title, because you’ll miss out on story lines.
    Is Marvel like DC in that way?

I love the Marvel movies…Love them so much that it makes me get so frustrated at how DC is going about producing theirs (which is an entirely different rant).

Semok
    Participant

Crossed is definitely a series that not too many people are a fan of. I really can’t explain why I like it.

I feel like a lot of Marvel comics are similar to DC in that way. Also, there’s just so many different variations of stories of the more well-known super heroes. When I first started getting into Iron Man, I didn’t know where to start. There were just so many different comics that differed, and no one could really tell me the definite place to start or what order to go in. I felt a bit intimidated, so I feel like that’s why I’ve branched out to shorter series of comics that follow a more direct path.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well shucks….I think DC and Marvel should make cut some of those variations. The number one complaint I hear—and one of my own complaints–is that so much cash has to be forked over for comics. Sure, MArvel and DC, want that and love that! However, you have all these titles and a lot of writers and artist are being stretched beyond their limit. Plus, Marvel and DC want to do BIG CROSSOVER EVENTS which a lot of times rushes and ends whatever good storylines are currently being worked on.After awhile you start getting mad that the money you are paying is not giving you decent story. That’s why I dropped Batman and Batman and Robin.

I want to get into more independent stuff.

Semok
    Participant

Yeah, I wish it wasn’t so expensive as well. I guess it’s hard to find a good balance. Whenever I read a comic I always want it to keep going and I always want to read more, but then at the same time I get angry that they keep going and let you read more. XD

I’ve lucked out, and my roommates are also huge comic book fans, and they’ve bought a lot of comic books, so the majority of what I’ve read I read from their collection.

This also made me realize that I totally forgot to mention Sandman, which was one of my favorite comics to read. XD I also read Fables and Transmetropolitan.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Neil Gaiman rocks! Have you ever read Good Omens? He did the book with Terry Pratchet. It’s about the antichirst and its super funny. 🙂

I have read Sandman though or Fables. Everybody seems to talk about them though.

Semok
    Participant

Good Omens is actually the book I’m reading right now, though I haven’t gotten very far. I’ve been wanting to read it for ages, but I’m a very slow reader because I get distracted by the internet. XD

If you haven’t read them you really should. Sandman is rather long, though I guess so is Fables. They’re both really good, though.

Elijah
    Participant

Hi butting in here 😛

I’m more into Marvel than DC, but I do like Batman a lot. Marvel titles I’m currently following include Young Avengers, Hawkeye, Thor: God of Thunder and Guardians of the Galaxy. I also like Deadpool, various Avengers titles and I’m catching up on Journey into Mystery right now (looking forward to Agent of Asgard next year!)

However, my favourite comics are definitely Hellboy and BPRD. I’ve read almost everything there is to read when it comes to Hellboy, and I have read a lot of BPRD too 😀

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hai!

I have a on going love of Saga, the art work is amazing, and the story continues to fascinate!

Other than that, I sort of keep up with The Walking Dead, Chew (which although deeply disturbed at times, has a lovely dark sense of humor), Birds of Prey, some of the Star Wars series, and a few other random comics. I have weird tastes sometimes.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Membership required to post topics or reply in the forums...

Become Member
Meet asexuals

Asexualitic.com is the first community and dating site for Asexual people. When major dating sites don't recognize our asexuality, we think that asexual people should have a place to meet and talk. Create your Asexualitic.com profile to search and meet other aexuals, or build a platonic relationship.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up