Site not secure/not safe?

Asexualitic : Meet Asexuals Forums General discussion Site not secure/not safe?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello everyone. I’ve recently joined but I’m a bit concerned about chrome giving warnings that the site isn’t safe and asking if I’d want to advance anyway.

Can someone explain why? This is the only ace site I’ve found with a decent sized community but I don’t feel comfortable sharing any information (which would make it hard to interact with people) if it can be easily accessed by anyone.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve been concerned about this as well, but don’t really use the site enough for me to have pursued it. Thanks for asking…

Noel
    Participant

I’ve been seeing the same warning messages too and at times the site is blocked completely. Guessing it’s just a technical problem rather than something sinister, but are there still any admin people around who could give a definitive answer?

AvidReader
    Spectator

This safety message is still showing up w/Chrome – are any admins around?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve just had a message flag up on my browser regarding this too. Seems it is something to do with the sites certificate.

SilentWolf
    Spectator

I wonder how many existing and potential new users it’s scared off the site.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh gosh =/ I remember visiting the site maybe a year ago? and I don’t remember the warning being there before. If I hadn’t already seen the site previously, the warning message probably would have made me not bother advancing to the site.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It probably is something to do with the SSL not being renewed

Ok, the site is safe, just not being maintained correctly. What’s happened is the site’s SSL security certificate has expired and whomever is responsible for maintaining the site hasn’t bothered to renew the certificate. Chrome, a couple of years ago, implemented required security certificates as standard and so displays the “unsafe” message, regardless of the site’s actual content.

TL:DR: The site is safe to use, just lazy web site owner hasn’t been bothered to update the security certificate. 🙁

AvidReader
    Spectator

Nathan and Angela – thanks – the SSL renewal issue makes sense as the explanation. I agree w/SilentWolf that the warning is scaring off both existing and potential new members 🙁

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Membership required to post topics or reply in the forums...

Become Member
Meet asexuals

Asexualitic.com is the first community and dating site for Asexual people. When major dating sites don't recognize our asexuality, we think that asexual people should have a place to meet and talk. Create your Asexualitic.com profile to search and meet other aexuals, or build a platonic relationship.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up