Portland Oregon aces?

Asexualitic : Meet Asexuals Forums General discussion Portland Oregon aces?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jody
    Spectator

I just turned 60 in March, and I’m looking for local friends. I’m a loving person, romantic, caring but no longer have sexual feelings or desires. Goofy sense of humor, and have an inner ear disorder that doesn’t allow for traveling. Originally from the Chicago area, moved to Oregon in ‘81. I haven’t found any decent sites…nobody is close by. Though I’d give this one a try 😊

Kai
    Participant

Aww, I don’t live there anymore but it was a really nice place to live. 🙂 I’m sure you can find some good people there via the internet – I did! Good luck.

Jody
    Spectator

Thank you so much. I feel like I’m probably too old to find a male companion who doesn’t want to have sex. I’m ok on my own, and have been forever, but friendship with someone close by would be great 😊

Kai
    Participant

People (well, in this case mostly allos) always say that sex and sexual attraction becomes less important on average as one gets older, so the chances of finding someone who is open to asexuality would increase with age. At the same time, the chances of finding a partner in general also decreases with age as most people have either already paired off or settled into a long-term single or relationally non-traditional life that they are comfortable with maintaining. I don’t know if that agrees with your own experience 🙂

I would enjoy writing to you, I really appreciate hearing from older people who have lived successful lives “on their own” – like a sort of role model 🙂 But I understand if you are only interested in in-person friendships.

Jody
    Spectator

Hello Kai,

I had heard that from my therapist; as I get older, some men may not have as much interest in sex, or might possibly have performance issues. I think for me, I have become so comfortable and free being on my own, that I don’t want to get attached or have anyone get attached to me. I know that sounds selfish or strange, and maybe my views will change at some point.
    But I do think having someone to have fun with, be goofy with, do some local things with would be nice. I’m totally ok with talking, and making new friends on line 🙂

Kai
    Participant

Nah, I have heard that from a lot of people actually 🙂 that they are used to and comfortable with living alone, have built up an entire living structure that now would be quite disruptive to insert another person into. I have as well met people who, at an age where their health start to fail and it can be difficult to live alone from that practical perspective, welcome the idea of living with someone in a similar situation to support each other so ie. one person can call for help if the other is in trouble, and they may save on the cost of hiring someone to clean and cook for them, etc. Which I find to be exceptionally beautiful.

I don’t know if you are able to send and receive PMs but feel free to send me one, if you can, or you can email me 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Membership required to post topics or reply in the forums...

Become Member
Meet asexuals

Asexualitic.com is the first community and dating site for Asexual people. When major dating sites don't recognize our asexuality, we think that asexual people should have a place to meet and talk. Create your Asexualitic.com profile to search and meet other aexuals, or build a platonic relationship.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up