Pictures

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I think I start this thread at every forum I visit.. 😉 I’m just going to copy and paste what I said last time.

Pictures are worth 1,000 words right? Though we may not want to admit it at times, we can usually tell just by looking at someone if they’ll be the kind of person we’d get along with, and even further want to be in a relationship with. Which is why I suppose the majority of people here post pictures of themselves.

Though, I personally am uncomfortable with having my pictures online, I mention in my profile that I’d be willing to share a picture if asked…assuming we’ve had some prior contact of course. But in all my online life, no one has asked for my picture ..which I find a bit interesting. I should mention that I have sometimes been asked to describe myself physically, but still no picture was requested. My thoughts are this: the people that contacted me are the type that don’t really need to see my picture (or it seeing it probably wouldn’t affect them in any way). But, I also think that people that might have been interested in getting to know me (just based on reading their profile) who I’ve messaged without response, neglected to do so because of my lacking a picture.

So, I open it to discussion!

How important is seeing a picture of someone right off the bat to you?
    Do you consider people that don’t have pictures of themselves here?
    Are you afraid of asking someone for a picture and then not seeing what you like?

In regards to the last question, I am completely aware that that is a possibility. With that awareness, I’m completely comfortable with someone just dropping it off after seeing my picture. I guess some people would consider that judgemental (and it is), but why shy away from that? We can not live without making judgements, the key is to know the proper time and place to make hasty judgements. The clothing they wear, their facial expression, if they’re wearing makeup, and how their hair is done, their posture, if they have tattoos/piercings and what kind, all are visual cues letting us get an idea of the person behind the profile. Anyhow, this is my take on things -I’d like to hear from you! (yes, you in particular 😉 )

Anonymous
    Inactive

So devoted. 😀

I didn’t really think of it but I suppose I also prefer the picture-less in a way. Then I have the opportunity of forming an image in mind before seeing…though I would like to see a picture eventually, if just to see how close I was. 😉

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Membership required to post topics or reply in the forums...

Become Member
Meet asexuals

Asexualitic.com is the first community and dating site for Asexual people. When major dating sites don't recognize our asexuality, we think that asexual people should have a place to meet and talk. Create your Asexualitic.com profile to search and meet other aexuals, or build a platonic relationship.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up