Older and wiser??

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    A
    Participant

Are there any older members out there (over 30 to 40?) for whom asexuality is not just the fad or the trend of the moment, or an exploratory lifestyle, but for whom it is a lifelong thing and one that we’re born as being/part of our nature?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yep.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Are there people out there using it as a trend?

A
    Participant

I wouldn’t label it as a “trend”, but I do believe there are people out there in their teens to early 20’s who are “exploring” their sexuality, and might be labeling themselves as “asexual”, when in fact they are still undergoing a transition to something more in keeping with what their desires are, or are afraid of experimentation; all sorts of reasons….

When we are older, we are more comfortable with our true selves and accept ourselves for who and what we are.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I totally didn’t hit submit when I replied earlier haha

To summarize: a lot of people are pretty self-aware by the time they’re juniors or seniors in high school, especially now that labels aren’t as taboo as they used to be, but it’s also okay to explore and question. Asexuality isn’t super new, but it’s still new enough that you’re going to see a lot of people testing it out, even in their 30s and 40s.

Peridot Flare
    Spectator

“Are there any older members out there (over 30 to 40?) for whom asexuality is not just the fad or the trend of the moment, or an exploratory lifestyle,”

This is a gatekeeper statement. Attitudes like this make us no better than GLBTs who tell us we are Ace simply for attention and me-tooism.

There is no such fad or trend. People are Ace if they say they are and that’s the only qualification they need. It doesn’t matter if that person is 14 or 65. Age has nothing to do with the legitimacy of a sexual ID.

time machine
    Spectator

Over 30 is now considered older? I call it prime time. 😀

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Membership required to post topics or reply in the forums...

Become Member
Meet asexuals

Asexualitic.com is the first community and dating site for Asexual people. When major dating sites don't recognize our asexuality, we think that asexual people should have a place to meet and talk. Create your Asexualitic.com profile to search and meet other aexuals, or build a platonic relationship.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up