Next National Asexual Meetup In Exeter Is On Saturday 25th of April 2020

Asexualitic : Meet Asexuals Forums General discussion Next National Asexual Meetup In Exeter Is On Saturday 25th of April 2020

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Sandra
    Participant

Next National Asexual Meetup In Exeter Is On Saturday 25th of April, 12.30pm, George’s Meeting Place, South Street, Exeter, for food, drink and chat. All welcome.

(I will be outside to greet you at 12.30pm.) It’s a Wetherspoons so tends to have food and drink for all tastes – I don’t drink alcohol. They have both soft drinks and alcoholic drinks there, and do vegetarian dishes as well as meat dishes. You can get a burger meal with drink for less than £6.50.

It’s a group meetup for my birthday and I would love you to come. – My actually birthday is on 24th – Friday, the day before, but I know most people are working then and I am off to Crealy theme park that day for my actual birthday day with my best Asexual friend Sam, and setting off super early by bus from Exeter, if you wanted to come to this too, if you don’t live locally, you would need to book accommodation and let me know beforehand that you wanted to come to this too, and arrive way before the time of the bus setting off as we don’t hang around. PM me if you want to do this or email me [email protected]

Sandra
    Participant

Everyone welcome. There are hotels in my city and as it’s 2 months away, you can get good deals on transport and accommodation.

K
    Spectator

Do you have many confirmed attendees? I’m up north but would be interested in attending to connect with other Aces /potential new friends.

Sandra
    Participant

Hi K

Thanks for the question, you would be very welcome, it would be great to meet you. I have made some of my best friends through my meetups. 3 people who will be at this meetup are my friends and 2 other people who I haven’t met in person yet, seem really nice. So far 6 are confirmed with one staying in a hotel – they are my best friend from Hertfordshire. I also have someone coming from Swindon besides people who are more local. So me and 5 others – 6 in total.

My number for the meetup on 25th of April is 07932 768970 and email [email protected] Let me know if you want any help, you can get cheap tickets if you book in advance through trainline.com and also there is a Premier Inn opposite the main train station if you are coming by train and want to stay over in a hotel. Or there are other hotels if you want me to let you know of those.

Sandra

Sandra
    Participant

This meet-up is now cancelled due to the Coronavirus.

K
    Spectator

It is such a shame that the pandemic came along and forced the cancellation of the meet up. Are you thinking of rescheduling for later in the year or shall I just keep my eye out for 2021?

Sandra
    Participant

Hi K,

Thanks for your message.

Yeah it was a shame, my two best asexual friends, 2 other good friends, and two other Asexuals who I was going to meet for the first time were due to come.

At the moment all but 1 person who lives not far from me, would not be able to attend, the others are still mostly isolating and not travelling in public transport.

I am going to see what happens in the next couple of months. Then I will reassess if it’s possible to do an in person group meetup later this year, if it is, then I will, but it’s too soon to say. 2021 I definitely want to be doing in person meets again.

It’s hard to predict what will happen. Different ‘experts’ say different things. Some believe there will be a second wave, others just believe it’s likely that there will be social distancing going on for some length of time.

I will definitely be announcing it on here when I do.

I might do another online meet-up at some point but I am maxed out with work at home at the moment.

Sandra

Sandra
    Participant

Hi K

Did you notice there is an in person asexual meetup happening in my city of Exeter, UK, at 11.30am? Same venue but we are eating outside and an hour earlier than this cancelled one. Only 2 places left.

PM me, or email me, or text me 07932 768970, if you want to attend. Let me know before Sat please, as I am out Sat.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Membership required to post topics or reply in the forums...

Become Member
Meet asexuals

Asexualitic.com is the first community and dating site for Asexual people. When major dating sites don't recognize our asexuality, we think that asexual people should have a place to meet and talk. Create your Asexualitic.com profile to search and meet other aexuals, or build a platonic relationship.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up