Love Languages

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Gillian
    Participant

Hi All,

I was recently thinking about love languages and how they aren’t inherently sexual but could be. I am interested to know if anyone has experienced love in their language but because of being asexual the experience was off putting.

For example if your language is words of affirmation, but the person compliments your body in a sexual way that could feel icky.

Thoughts? Experiences?

Joy
    Participant

I never thought of it that way actually. I have always assumed that it is person dependent. The only one that might have thrown me off is physical touch, which isn’t mine anyway.

My top one is quality time and quality time really can apply to anything.

Pipt
    Spectator

Gillian, I’m interested in how you define love languages, care to elaborate?

Bryan de Vantier
    Spectator

I believe by “love languages” Gillian means how we express affection/romance. For instance I’m a very physical and sensual being. I love kissing/snogging, hugging, cuddling and all of that however I find sex totally repelling. In my limited experience I’ve found most aces I’ve conversed with to be adverse to these displays of affection thus I’ve yet to manage dating an asexual person(plus, y’all so damn spread out! XD). Allosexuals(or at least the ones I attract) however seem to see physical displays of affection equatable to sexual displays of affection much to my disappointment.

Gillian
    Participant

Thank you all for your responses. I was wondering about these love languages: http://www.5lovelanguages.com/

words of affirmation, acts of service, receiving gifts, quality time and physical touch

None of these items are inherently sexual, but can be. I am struggling to find the correct words, but there is a conversation happening in my head about this.

Galloway
    Spectator

I thought you were referring to Italian or French. 🙂 joking.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Membership required to post topics or reply in the forums...

Become Member
Meet asexuals

Asexualitic.com is the first community and dating site for Asexual people. When major dating sites don't recognize our asexuality, we think that asexual people should have a place to meet and talk. Create your Asexualitic.com profile to search and meet other aexuals, or build a platonic relationship.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up