Long distance!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Angelique
    Spectator

For us it seems easier. I suppose that is because it happens to be a purely emotional and intellectual relationship that is being formed. I’ve been in two long distance relationships and granted, they were both writers but I loved them. How do you guys feel about long distance things?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have been in two long distance relationships as well, and they were great; one relationship lasted a year. Just as Angelique said, I think it is eaiser for asexuals, as we are looking for the emotional connection. With that being said, I would not turn someone away because of the diatnce. People with sexual desire usually prefer their partner to be closer, because they see sexual acts as a crutial part in their relationship.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Agree with both of you ..long distance relationships for asexuals ( as i now know them ) can be a good thing as , its not just about SEX…its about getting to know someone emotionally , talking about life in general…my long distance relationship work for about a year and a bit to…i couldnt wait to get home and get on skype, and chat about my day ..or her day …hmm miss those chats..

Sandra
    Participant

Hi Angelique, Caroline and PBDD

I have Skype dated long distance, but never had a long distance relationship. But as I am usually attracted in an asexual way to just foreign guys, it’s most likely that if I were in a relationship, it would be long distance – Possibly extremely long distance. How often did you actually see your other long distance half and was it the distance that put an end to the relationship?

Sandra

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Sandra!

In response to your post- For me personally, one of my long distance relationships ended by my partner cheating unfortunately. The other one ended because we became more of friends rather than boyfriend and girlfriend. And to answer your other question about how often we saw eachother; we FaceTimed as much as we could. We both worked a lot, but most of the time we would fall asleep on FaceTime together. To give you a number, we would talk on the phone about 5 itmes throughout the day, and we would video chat about 5 times a week. 🙂

Sandra
    Participant

Thanks Caroline.

So did you ever meet either of them in person,in the flesh as it were?

Sandra

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sandra,

I met one of them in person once. Other then that it was all phone call,video chat and text 🙂

Sandra
    Participant

Hi Caroline, thank you for the information.

I have never been in a relationship like that. I have Skype dated/messaged a lot, which I guess is a bit similar and meant at times it would feel like I was almost in a relationship with them – But I wasn’t. I barely knew them. I have always thought I would have to meet them before deciding to be in a relationship with them. I guess that may change, but I love kissing too and would want a guy to visit me at least. It seems a lot of aces have relationships in the virtual world, but I haven’t had much confirmation that it’s true. I understand how nice that may be in terms of the connection. I can fall in love at the drop of the hat and that includes through a computer screen.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Membership required to post topics or reply in the forums...

Become Member
Meet asexuals

Asexualitic.com is the first community and dating site for Asexual people. When major dating sites don't recognize our asexuality, we think that asexual people should have a place to meet and talk. Create your Asexualitic.com profile to search and meet other aexuals, or build a platonic relationship.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up