Hetero/gendernormative labels?

Asexualitic : Meet Asexuals Forums General discussion Hetero/gendernormative labels?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Brittany
    Spectator

I’m new to this forum so maybe there’s been tons of these topics. Honestly, I don’t know. However, as I’ve become comfortable with my own asexuality, I’ve increasingly realized…I want to cuddle people. I’m sure many of you relate to that. But gender doesn’t matter, and I feel ambivalent about my own gender. So while I have a vagina, I’d like to cuddle with almost anyone.

Perhaps hand-in-hand, I don’t feel overly connected to my gender from birth. I’m not transgender, but wave a magic wand and ask, “Would you like to be perceived as male, or as female?” and the instant answer would be, “MALE!”

So, I’m curious: why are the signup questions so specific? Even if you specify your gender, why isn’t there an bisexual/other option for genders you’re interested in?

As stated, I’m a bio-female who isn’t overly interested or invested in ‘her’ gender. If you call me “he,” I don’t feel the least bit bad.

But given not feeling connected to a gender seems to be pretty common among asexual folk (at least that I know of), why aren’t there more options into terms of gender and which/what gender you’re interested in in the signup process?

Anonymous
    Inactive

That’s a fiarly short debate: the website is poorly run.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I agree on that on that. There should be more options

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Membership required to post topics or reply in the forums...

Become Member
Meet asexuals

Asexualitic.com is the first community and dating site for Asexual people. When major dating sites don't recognize our asexuality, we think that asexual people should have a place to meet and talk. Create your Asexualitic.com profile to search and meet other aexuals, or build a platonic relationship.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up