Do you enjoy celebrating Thanksgiving?

Asexualitic : Meet Asexuals Forums General discussion Do you enjoy celebrating Thanksgiving?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Raell5
    Spectator

What are you doing for Thanksgiving?

Maybe I’m the only one, but I’m going to skip eating food I don’t need and being with hostile relatives and go to the beach, eat some fresh, organic food.

Of course, I live abroad, so that’s already taken care of, but when I lived in the US, just before I came here, I hated it all..eating food I didn’t want to eat and that made me sick, all the cooking and cleaning and entertaining guests, shopping, cold weather, etc. I vowed I’d never do it again, then moved to Thailand and haven’t since.

Now I’m wondering if it has something to do with my general asexual ways. Maybe I’m the only one who thinks body-surfing in waves is more fun than gorging on some hapless factory-farmed animal and feeling terrible afterward.

• This topic was modified 9 years, 5 months ago by Raell5.
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I still eat with my family but I dislike the concept behind Thanksgiving since it correlates, at least in my opinion, with the genocide of Native Americans. It’s also a National Day of Mourning so I celebrate that instead, but I do eat with my family. My family’s predominately muslim but not heavily, so we use it as a family time together. I’m personally Buddhist, and my parents have no problems with my orientation thankfully.

I’m sorry your relatives are hostile, I can only offer a digital hug in response and hope for the best for you; at least you don’t have to suffer with mindless guests and people snarking on you, so that’s a good thing at least.

It’s not an ace thing to want to have fun versus eating a dry oversized chicken that can’t naturally breed anymore due to the request in the human market for larger breasts. It’s an empath view; you are eating something that was raised in perspective to be eaten on a day that mocks a minority race.

I may be a little tipsy so if this all sounds weird or cut offy, my apologies.

Raell5
    Spectator

My opinion exactly.

danny
    Participant

Im British so I dont celebrate thanksgiving,However it does look fun,I would especially enjoy wearing 17 century hats with a buckle on,and I do enjoy turkey.

Danny:)

ArchOpal
    Spectator

I’m also British so I don’t celebrate this event.
    If things keep going the way they are now though, what with them implementing Black Friday over here, then we might get it in the future.
    For now though I think we just do family get together’s and feasts on Christmas day.

I don’t really think this is an Asexual thing, it just sounds like a normal case of another holiday that puts pressure on family’s like this.

I’ll also offer my digital hug as I can understand it must have been a stressful time for you. Holidays aren’t as fun when you have to work hard and get little in return.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Membership required to post topics or reply in the forums...

Become Member
Meet asexuals

Asexualitic.com is the first community and dating site for Asexual people. When major dating sites don't recognize our asexuality, we think that asexual people should have a place to meet and talk. Create your Asexualitic.com profile to search and meet other aexuals, or build a platonic relationship.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up