Asexual Perspectives Awareness Month July 2021 – Join In Live Chat!

Asexualitic : Meet Asexuals Forums General discussion Asexual Perspectives Awareness Month July 2021 – Join In Live Chat!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sandra
    Participant

Happy Asexual Perspectives Awareness Month 2021. Throughout July 2021, I will be hosting a daily live stream for Asexual Perspectives Awareness Month, to celebrate our diversity across the asexual spectrum and our differences within it. Discussing different asexual perspectives from around the globe, on love, life and sex, from an asexual viewpoint. Subscribe to my channel so you don’t miss an episode https://www.youtube.com/asexualisemyasexuallife

• This topic was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by Sandra.
    Sandra
    Participant

Love to know what you think?

DanM86
    Participant

Thanks for sharing! I am new to your channel and have found the dating arena particularly challenging in coming out as asexual. When it comes to online dating, some counselors say it is good to have this up front on your “About Me” page and others seem to treat it as something to reveal later. It is a case-by-case thing it seems.

Sandra
    Participant

Hi Dan, I always say I am asexual in any dating profile I create. The only problem is, many people think the word asexual means I am highly sexual. So I have to spell out to them, that I hate sex, but even then they ask me why, or ignore it, or say if you don’t have sex, what will you do for me, BJ? It’s pretty disgusting.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by Sandra.
    DanM86
    Participant

I would more likely spell it out that I personally don’t hate sex, but am just not attracted to anyone regardless of sex or body type. Libido isn’t an issue but the wiring isn’t fully there if that makes sense. To focus on the positive, I would emphasize the general appreciation for romance and camaraderie in a relationship over needing to be “turned on” by this relationship. One of the questions on a dating app for evaluating matches was the preference of having a plus-one, which I guess is more of a guest in concept. I’m still trying to make sense of the do’s and don’ts.

Sandra
    Participant

Hi Dan, well with that type of wording you would attract a number of asexuals. I know many would be able to relate to you. Many sexuals want a person who gets turned on by them in my experience, and they want you to find them attractive. They like romance, but camaraderie I would usually hear asexuals mention, rather then sexuals. Hopefully you will attracts the sexuals who looks for something different. I believe there is someone for everyone out there, so I hope you find your special someone.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Membership required to post topics or reply in the forums...

Become Member
Meet asexuals

Asexualitic.com is the first community and dating site for Asexual people. When major dating sites don't recognize our asexuality, we think that asexual people should have a place to meet and talk. Create your Asexualitic.com profile to search and meet other aexuals, or build a platonic relationship.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up